Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Game Emulators
| |-+  MAME Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (Moderator: channelmaniac)
| | |-+  MAME LINKS TO: Emulators Programs and Game Roms.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAME LINKS TO: Emulators Programs and Game Roms.  (Read 20335 times)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« on: January 18, 2009, 11:51:29 PM »

MAME LINKS TO: Emulators Programs and Game Roms.  yummy yummy yummy yummy

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:52:08 PM »

You can find some of the games at http://www.rom-world.com/

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:25:01 AM »

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/mame.html

http://www.freeroms.com/

http://mamerominfo.retrogames.com/

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

If you use a torrent program you can find all of the mame torrents in one download, about 19 GB worth.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/33392024/mame?tab=summary
midas
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »

What is a torrent program and how do you use it?
Brianzz

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »

A torrent program is a peer to peer file sharing system. I use bitcomet, about the cleanest program out and pretty easy to configure with your router to get the maximum speed.

www.bitcomet.com
midas
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:23 AM »

Thanks, Brianzz, for the link to bitcomet.
I dl'd it and went to the other link for mame.
A couple ?'s.  In the window, it says download upload.  What is it uploading and to where?
I have cable internet, but it's been 10 hours and it's only downloaded 2 gb.  Is it usually this slow?  at this rate I have another 80 hours to go?

Is there a way to speed up the rate?

Thanks,
Brianzz

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »

It's uploading to others what you've already downloaded.. so you're sharing as you're getting.

Your download speed is probably because the bitcomet port is blocked.
You can check these settings first..

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/97118-tweak-speed-up-bitcomet-downloads.html

If your listen port is showing as blocked, here's some required reading...

http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=99434

I'm not sure what cable ISP you're using but Comcast will snatch your ass right off the internet if they think you're P2P'ing, they lost a lawsuit so they're doing what they can to piss everyone off.
videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

I have Concast. Is there a way to download all that isn't torrent?

I'm liking this MAME stuff!

* 0000.png (7.82 KB, 340x310 - viewed 1413 times.)
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »

Whow, nice hit! Been a while since I hit one using MAME. There I'm sure are sites out there but they're not easy to find like WAY back when. If you have usenet/newsgroup access that's a good place, but Comcast axed that towards the end of last year so if you're not paying for it ya dont have it any longer (I'm on Comcast as well)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »

Wow-ee!  Nice hit!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
doublediamonddlx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 158

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »

For those MAC users out there there is bad news....There are some PE+ Poker games , Keno, BJ, and Double Diamond, 5 times pay that will run on MAME 0.124.  However the newer update of all the poker roms from Soltistic (I forget which version of Mame supports the additional Pokers)...will not be supported by MAC-MAME any time soon.  It appears that MAME has died for the MAC.  (Kinda odd now that theres more MAC users since MAME came on line).

However, I just stumbled across the following....(JUST FOR MACS)

http://www.emulaunch.com/

Still trying to figure out how to launch MacMame.  It looks likes you have to have the roms still zip. but not in opened in folders. like old MacMame.  I'll let you know how it works.

DDD

Only the dry heat of Vegas can cure the 3 day flu!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 07:40:40 AM »

I havent tried getting the latest mame yet.
But I think I have a solution.
Get Sun VirtualBox for Mac OS X. It is free for home use.
It will let you run any PC Operating System you desire (Windows, Linux, BSD)

I use Sun VirtualBox to Run Windows XP 32 with SP3 installed and access USB peripherals that are designed for PC's running 32 bit versions of XP or Vista.
For Example: EasyPRO 90B Programmer, and a USB to Serial Port cable based on a FTDI chip so I can use Mikohn PSP.
I do this on my own PC running Mac OS X or Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Yes I do have a license for Mac OS X.
I use the same Virtual Disk Image to boot XP, no matter which version of VirtualBox I use.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 03:55:16 PM »

Why not just use bootcamp?  If you have older PPC Macs, obviously this is not an option.  I've got both my Mini's in this dual configuration for whenever I need to run windows stuff on them.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
chemstar

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 05:48:50 AM »

i know its late in the piece but can anyone tell me where to find this rom thanks in advance
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »

i know its late in the piece but can anyone tell me where to find this rom thanks in advance

What did he say ?? what did he say ?? what did he say ??

where's the Beef ??
I have fallen and cant get up ??
road runner that coyote is after you ??
call a friend ??
use your 50/50 ?
let the audience decide ?
the Professor & Maryanne ??
goodnight Johnboy ??

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
chemstar

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »

sorry meant to reply to this image this is the rom i would like to use in a empty card machine case i have

chemstar

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »

third time lucky  Silly Me!

oh and of course link only Smiley don't want to break the rules

* 0000.png (7.82 KB, 340x310 - viewed 801 times.)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »

third time lucky  Silly Me!

oh and of course link only Smiley don't want to break the rules

Back in 2005--06?? IGT GAVE OUT A MULTI GAME POKER CD at trade shows etc or you could buy it .

I have several somewhere??? that has the 5 POKERS you would have on a IGT PE- + MULTI GAME POKER .

The CD was great  you could play any of the games . they gave you 400 credits to start . from .01? or .05 cents to 1.00 denomination  to pick from .
 is that something you may be interested in ? take any old slot cabinet or poker cabinet or play it on any monitor connected to your home P.C. using a mouse .

Also you can take a old slot cabinet or video poker cabinet use for a organ donor .
put in a touch screen and a OLD LAP TOP or TOWER P.C. then play it as a touch screen game .
the "SOUNDS" were FANTASTIC ! of cashing out or having a winning hand .. the sound of coins hitting the tray
sound like the real thing etc .. the normal ding ding when betting is identical etc .

if you have a old tower p.c. or lap top ---install it in the cabinet install the touch screen drivers for the touch screen if that is the route your going ?? then power it up and you have 5 -IGT POKER GAMES -without any coin or bills --with all the regular Poker noises of playing the real machine .

if i can dig up the disc i will post the main picture of the 5 games and a couple singles .
if interested PM  me on the rest of details of getting a CD . plus how i set up a few ,, its all in what you want for personal preference .
Rocket

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
chemstar

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 11:47:02 AM »

was thinking of setting up a mame system on a mini atx pc system and getting the roms

there is a bloke on you tube that has the roms but wants $100 for it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjblDNVJlwg&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/YjblDNVJlwg&rel=0</a>

i was going to use a keyboard decoder and hook all the original buttons, door latch audit and reset buttons as well as the coin validator, along with the original crt

just need the roms for it

iv still got the original roms on the main board may even try and read them but thats beyond me at this point in time.

video porker seems to have some type of mame video poker roms so it must be floating around some where,

i may also do the same with some aristocrat mk4s as i have all the roms and the gutted cases are still floating around, i shudder to think how many have been recycled over the years  bawling

but the mk5 and 6s are still being used in oz so u can pick those cases up for a song, it will be good to see if the mame emulates the mk5 soon Hail Hail
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »

If your going to go to the point of wiring in buttons decoders all that stuff
just buy a IGT  SLANT TOP OR BAR TOP  PE + POKER  MACHINE there cheap

Buy with a SUPERBOARD then you have 5 games at your finger tips  and you have the REAL DEAL in front of you .

for about the same money + time its going to cost you to do all this running around ROBIN HOODS BARN  trying to make this thing with wiring & putting buttons & decoders in to work   etc

to end up with the same display at the end ??

chemstar

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »

A super board mmmmm  Scratch Head this is the first iv I ever heard of one of these, any chance u could send me a link to one of these boards? Do they need I/O cards and meters to work?
chemstar

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »

Sorry was still half asleep when I read the post,  whatever I would save buying an igt slant top would surely be eaten up by shipping to Australia Sad
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 01:26:24 AM »

Sorry was still half asleep when I read the post,  whatever I would save buying an igt slant top would surely be eaten up by shipping to Australia Sad
I could be wrong last time i knew there was A IGT IN AUSTRALIA ??
IGT does not manufacture and sell only in the united states  --I have a buddy who collects them from AUSTRAILIA

chemstar

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »

Igt are big in Australia right behind aristocrat, but there are no igt video poker machines that I know of. The machines that are available can not legally have there game boards, the ones that are available are rare and can go for $500-$1000 not working and $1500-$4500 for working machines
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:43:07 AM by chemstar » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.