Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:51:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal slot help Double Jackpot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal slot help Double Jackpot  (Read 7197 times)
Leo Paws
« on: September 12, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »

Hi.  I have recently bought a Universal slot machine.  This is my first slot and I think it is a 1985 Double Jackpot.  It has an error code on the front of 12 which I believe has something to do with the battery on the MPU.  Does anyone have a manual for this as it didn't come with one.  Also I'm not sure how to get the MPU board out of the machine.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

* slot machine.jpg (10.55 KB, 160x280 - viewed 4439 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »

those were great machines, the sound effects are pretty neat when you hit the higher payouts.

you may have to remove a screw, but most of the time, once it was removed ,they never put it back.  on the left side of machine  there is a card cage with a fold down handle, pull out on the handle and the board should slide out. you may have to tug on it a little, you will see the NICAD battery, hopefully  the battery didn't leak any acid on to the board, if it did, usually a diode gets messed up and has to be replaced.

Another member on this site has a lot of experience on these machines, hopefully he will chime in and offer some advice.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Leo Paws
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »

Thanks Jim
Do I have to take off the coin tray to get it out?  I think the screw you are refering to has already been removed.  Thanks again for your help.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

the tray just lifts off, it sets on two mounted studs on each side of the cabinet. wouldn't hurt to remove it, as well as the hopper.by removing the hopper you will see the hole in the bottom of the card cage that you will have to use to reset the board after changing batteries. picture where the hole is in relation to the board, you will see a small push button there, it is this button you press in while applying power and holding for a few seconds ( usually until you hear static coming from the speaker) to reset machine.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »

In your machine you should find a list of error codes and it will say error 12 is "battery polarity". Actually it is a corrupted memory error.
It is a good idea to pull the board and check the battery for any acid leakage. If there isn't any you can plug the board back in and do a ram clear.
To perform a ram clear you push the little black button in the round hole located in the bottom middle of the board while powering on the machine. Hold the button for about 3 seconds while powering on. This should get rid of the error 12. If not you got bigger problems.

The battery is a rechargable nicad battery. Even without the battery the board will work. The battery maintains memory while the machine is turned off. So with a missing or bad battery the memory will be lost or corrupted the next time you turn it on.

Leo Paws
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:21 AM »

Jim

The battery is a little corroded.  I will have to clean it up.  I tried the ram reset and the error has gone away but nothing will work.  It lights up but doesn't register any coins.  I have sent you my email address.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:04:17 AM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »

Jim

The battery is a little corroded.  I will have to clean it up.  I tried the ram reset and the error has gone away but nothing will work.  It lights up but doesn't register any coins.  I have sent you my email address.  Thanks again.

After powering up you should see a 50 flashing in the win meter. A 50 means the door is/was open. The door then needs to be closed and locked. Closing the door presses in the white switch inside the machine where the top of the door hits closing the switch. Then locking the door slides a metal plate into the grey U-shaped optic in the door. (You can put black elect. tape in the optic's path if the lock was removed)
With the white switch closed and the optic blocked the machine will flash the INCERT COIN light. At this point you know the machine is ready for play.
If coins just drop through with the INCERT COIN light flashing then it's time to check the coin comparitor. It could be a number of different devices, but most likely it is a CC-16.
If it is a CC-16 make sure it has a sample coin in it.
When you get this far, post what you have.
The cc16 pictured has a dollar token in it.

Jim

* cc16.jpg (73.13 KB, 576x768 - viewed 709 times.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:28:28 AM by uniman » Logged
Leo Paws
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:23:37 AM »

OK.  I will have to check this tomorrow as I'm at work right now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.