Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally E-1244-1 slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-1244-1 slot  (Read 4319 times)
munyguru
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

Hello,

Just bought a Bally .25 slot machine. It had no keys so I had to drill the locks out. I opened it up and powered it on. Everything seems to turn on but when you pull the handle the reels just spin until they wind down, they never lock. I could really use some help with this machine.

It is a E-1244-1 according to the plate on the side. Below that is -1244-1-31.

This is my first machine and I really know nothing about these. I just wanted something different for my game room. I am looking for any help with this machine, owners and user and repair manuals, etc.

TIA!

Don
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »

NLG Welcome

First thing I would do is check all the plug connection on the circuit boards. They can lose connection if the machine has been sitting for a long time or in a damp area.. Then push the rest button on the hopper board and see if the machine will cycle and reset.. Then try it again, if it happens again does the win meter on the front door show a code? If it does what number is showing? Please post pics if possible, they are helpful to us in helping to get your machine fixed..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »

I had a similar problem recently and it was one of my reel readers that was not working correctly. With your machine turned on, look to the right (in between) the reels and you should see some small LED lights, if any of those are not on, that may be part of the problem. Amachanic and Barry at Foxslots were quite helpful in getting the machine I had up and running. Keep posting, these members here are the best and they will help you get your machine going in the right direction.
munyguru
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »

Thank you for the replies and thank you to the member that sent the .pdf manual for the machine!

So far I have removed the hopper and re-installed as well as the reels assembly. Didnt make a difference.

When I initially close the door it shows "50 000.000. When I hit the reset switch by hand that is supposed to be activated with the key lock it shows 1   000 000 then 7  000 000 then 20  000 000. It will also go through a series of numbers starting at 7 and then 8,9,etc. all the way to 21.

The only thing I can tell that might be physically wrong is the bottom coin validator arm is not springing back up like the top one does. it sticks down. I took a bunch of pics and will upload them later.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone and they can point me in the right direction.

MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »

Hi Don.  Welcome the the fun and sometimes frustratiog world of slot ownership.  That old Bally probably has not seen any attention in quite a while.  The indexing arms and solenoids are probably all gummed up.  Take out the reel assembly and clean & lube those parts in there.  You need everything to move freely.  If this doesn't help take a look at test routine #2, "load test".  Run that one and listen for the indexing solenoids to release when the digital display read 1401, 1402, & 1404.  I bet you'll get it working.

Good luck.

Mark
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:17:46 PM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
munyguru
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:14:51 AM »

Couple of quick questions.

Does the hopper have to be filled to get this to work correctly and if so what is the minimum that I need to fill it with?

The lock cylinders I drilled out to gain access I am sure have something to do with getting this up and running correctly. The one in the right middle side of the cabinet makes contact with a switch. The door lock connects to what appears to be a cam that looks as though it should contact a switch when it is either in lock or unlock position.

Should these switches be closed or open to get the machine to cycle correctly?

Are these lock cylinders your basic cylinders like used in pinball or vending machines and available at a locksmith or are they unique to this machine? If so, where an I get a set of locks for it?
munyguru
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »

Thank you! You are correct, it is very dirty inside and I will be taking it down as far as I feel comfortable at this point to clean her up.

I know the indexing solenoids work as every once in a while the reels will "lock" all at the same time, more than likely when I entered a test sequence while playing with the buttons inside. I have a feeling the cause might be something to do with the hooper not being filled or the switches the locks contaqct not being in the correct position since I drilled out the cylinders.

Thanks again for all of the advice. I am going to try and upload some pics of her.

Hi Don.  Welcome the the fun and sometimes frustratiog world of slot ownership.  That old Bally probably has not seen any attention in quite a while.  The indexing arms and solenoids are probably all gummed up.  Take out the reel assembly and clean & lube those parts in there.  You need everything to move freely.  If this doesn't help take a look at test routine #2, "load test".  Run that one and listen for the indexing solenoids to release when the digital display read 1401, 1402, & 1404.  I bet you'll get it working.

Good luck.

Mark
munyguru
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »

First, what are these 3 switches for?

Here are some shots of the insides. If there are pics of things that would be more helpful let me know and I will post them.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

The first pic with the red button switch is something someone added to the machine, I'm not sue why. The second one at the top of the door looks to be a power off and on switch and the third one is a reset switch. I have a question for you. Did you by this one off a Craigslist posting in Detroit? Looks like one posted there a while back.

Gary

munyguru
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »

Yes, I bought this off a Craigslist ad two weeks ago.

The switch in the upper right corner is not the on / off switch as the power switch is at the bottom center right next to the hopper in the 8th pic. Cannot figure out what the red button or the switch at the right upper corner are for...yet.

Does the hopper have to be loaded and is there a minimum to make it run?

Does the reset switch and / or the main door lock switch need to be opened or closed to make this run?

Are these lock cylinders your basic cylinders like used in pinball or vending machines and available at a locksmith or are they unique to this machine? If so, where an I get a set of locks for it?

The first pic with the red button switch is something someone added to the machine, I'm not sue why. The second one at the top of the door looks to be a power off and on switch and the third one is a reset switch. I have a question for you. Did you by this one off a Craigslist posting in Detroit? Looks like one posted there a while back.

Gary

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »

The locks might be had at a lock smith, but I usual just buy what I need through FOXSSLOTS. He has many parts listed on line. Just follow the link on the front page. As for the hooper I try to keep the largest payout amount in the hopper. Looks like your large rest machine payout might be 200 coins. You don't have to, but if you hit a large jackpot your machine will time out and need to be refill and reset using the hopper board. Your side switch is open unless the machine needs to be reset after hitting the jackpot. The door switch does need to operate for the machine to operate. I don't remember if it's open or closed, but you should be able to figure it out by looking at your doors latch to figure out where the cam is when open and closed. If you don't mind me asking what did you give for the machine? I thing the last time I saw it on line i think it was priced at $200?

Gary

munyguru
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

Well, this story does not have a happy ending. This machine ended up being a real POS.  Silly Me!

No matter what I did or tried I just could not get this machine up and running. I talked to a local guy who offered to have a look at it for me. Ended up this machine had so many hacks, bad boards and parts that it is just not worth fixing. Because of the hacks and bad parts there is not anything even worth salvaging out of this machine.

This has been a lesson learned and while I am not happy about the outcome I am glad it did not cost me a lot and the experience has taught me a good lesson and a bit about these machines.

I want to thank everyone here for the advise and help in trying to get things working. I will definitely be spending some time on these forums trying to learn a lot more.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »

PM Sent

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »

Well, this story does not have a happy ending. This machine ended up being a real POS.  Silly Me!

No matter what I did or tried I just could not get this machine up and running. I talked to a local guy who offered to have a look at it for me. Ended up this machine had so many hacks, bad boards and parts that it is just not worth fixing. Because of the hacks and bad parts there is not anything even worth salvaging out of this machine.

This has been a lesson learned and while I am not happy about the outcome I am glad it did not cost me a lot and the experience has taught me a good lesson and a bit about these machines.

I want to thank everyone here for the advise and help in trying to get things working. I will definitely be spending some time on these forums trying to learn a lot more.

Send me a PM if you would like to sell this machine and re-coop some or all the money you have in it. I need a nice cabinet for a project I'm working on.

Thanks Gary

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.