Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Glass Retaining assembly doesn't fit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glass Retaining assembly doesn't fit  (Read 1764 times)
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: July 28, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

The machine came out of a damp crappy garage and the chrome was all pitted and ugly.  I took the door apart and re-chromed it.  BTW the formica was all crappy looking - WD40 and Windex and it was shining!  The base was rotted out and I rebuilt it. 

The bottom of the retaining assembly was removed and rechromed.  I could not up load the picture showing it with no space between it and the prim panel..

The door photo hopefully gives you an idea of how the door pieces fit together.

The  Assembly photo shows the issue where the assembly can't pivot into place properly. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong or what I should be looking at?
Thanks,
Jeff

* Side-view-of-door.jpg (131.11 KB, 640x1139 - viewed 204 times.)

* Glass-Retainer-Assembly-not fitting.jpg (59.54 KB, 640x360 - viewed 192 times.)

Jeff
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »

If it fit before, you might want to loosen the screws that hold your reel cover in place and move it up just a tad.  Check to see that nothing is setting under the bottom of your light plate. You can always lower that upper assembly after you get the bottom in.
Does it all change when you put your chrome shrouding around it and set it in place along with the belly glass???
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:34 AM »

Silly Me!
Well the mystery has been solved seems the holders come in two sizes, see photo.  Seems, one must be careful when looking at interchangeability.  The piece I thought was OK was 8 1/4 inches instead of 8" inches.   The 8 inch one I got from a different machine works great. How odd propeller.
Jeff

* frame differences.jpg (250 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 192 times.)

Jeff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.