Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  why I'm not posting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why I'm not posting  (Read 3103 times)
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« on: August 19, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »

Why I'm not posting

Dear friends,
I have been absent from NLG lately, and it's not because I want to be.
Some weeks ago I was doing a lot of posting here, and then suddenly my internet service, Charter, must have put some kind of block on me.
Every time I try it reads "could not connect to newlifegames.net.  I have also tried on our other computer, with the same message, so it's not just my laptop that is the problem.
And, with their computer answering service (no people to talk to apparently) it is impossible to let them know we cannot connect.
Any suggestions will be helpful, I am missing my daily NLG experience, and am Jonesing pretty bad.
So, am writing this letter at home, and will take my laptop over to a friends to see if I can get online with his service.
If that works, then maybe once a week or so I can take the laptop to his place and catch up on things here.
Miss you guys, but those rat bastards are next to impossible to contact to resolve this problem.
Hope all are well, and I cannot even get personal messages from you, since I cannot even get to the page.
This really sucks.
If you need to reach me, try cobergland AT yahoo dot com with a PM, and I'll get back to you.
Yours,
OldReno
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:31:48 PM »

Are you using Mac or Windows?

From either the command prompt in Windows or a terminal prompt on Mac, type the command:

nslookup newlifegames.net

and paste the output here.

Thanks,
Bill
OldReno

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:38:02 PM »

Using windows.  Am here at our makerspace place where they DON'T use Charter as a provider, and NO problems getting on.  Will try your suggestion when I get home and see what comes up.  Thank you Brichter for the tip, I'm jonesing really bad not being on here.....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »

Maybe a firewall issue?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »

Most likely a DNS issue. nslookup will verify that, and there's a workaround...  Nerd arrow

Thanks,
Bill
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 02:53:02 AM »

Well, holy crap, after coming home from Makerspace today, just for giggles I tried to log on, and by golly, it worked.
Don't know what that was all about.  Maybe one of you gurus fixed it on your end...?
Any way, if it ever happens again, I'll log on from another server again.
Wow.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 04:16:51 AM »

Cool!

If it does happen again, post up the output from nslookup and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Bill
OldReno

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 04:27:43 AM »

thanks Brichter!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.