Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  How do I turn up volume on My 1982 Bally E-series 25cent 3 reel machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I turn up volume on My 1982 Bally E-series 25cent 3 reel machine  (Read 4888 times)
Dave27
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »

Thankyou in advance for help. I am new to slots and allthough mine works great I was just wondering if there is any way to turn up the sound.
I have looked all over the pcb's etc.....Thankyou....Dave
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

Dave    welcome to NLG

the sound board is usually located up in the top box, behind the glass and light fixture.  there is a small black pot adjustment for the volume.
hope this helps
Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Dave27
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »

Oh my god are you serious rotflmao I looked all over inside behind the door and reels with a flashlight 4 times. I did glance at the glass above and thought about removing it but did not see a way to get the chrome trim off to remove the upper glass. Is there a trick to get behind the upper glass.Also I did a search and found a post that said the E-series manual was in the "submit a new file section" but how do you find the files in the submit a new file section...Thanks again...Dave
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »

It appears that the files have been cleared out, they do that from time to time because of space limitations. Perhaps someone will resubmit it .

lift up on the chrome piece, the glass will slide up into the the top and a some point stop, then slowly pull the chrome piece and glass toward you and remove.  hold on and use both hands, the glass and chrome piece are not permanently connected and can and will seperate. this glass is usually hard to impossible to find if you break it so USE CAUTION

Then you will see a wooden assembly with a "L" shaped clip with slotted slides secured by screws, loose one of the slide screws, do not remove, then slide clip to allow light assembly to pivot towards you.  you should see the ciccuit board mounted on the wall.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Dave27
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »

Thankyou, I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight.
Dave27
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:15:24 AM »

Volume is good,it was located right where you said...Thankyou...Dave
Pinball Shoppe
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »

OK, I need to take this a step further.  No Neebie on these Bally E series machines here...but...the sounds work great when I press the sound test button.  However with or without door closed I never get the machine to play sounds - everything else works great.  Programming? MPU to sound board connection issue? Bad MPU?

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks, Mmmike @ pinshoppe@aol.com
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »

check the ribbon cable from the IO board to the sound board - make sure that none of the 16 pins are broken - make sure the red/black wire connector is attached to the daughter board on the IO board -  try changing the direction of the ribbon cable on one  end - assuming this sound worked?   
Pinball Shoppe
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »

Someone should not have been in this!  It was 2 bent pins on both ends of the connector and the ribbon cable was upside down.  Thanks for the help.  -Mike
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

Speaking of Sound Boards in Bally E series machines....    I have yet to see one but can a sound board be added to ANY E series machine?   Scratch Head

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.