Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:01:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 + door closed sensor needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 + door closed sensor needed  (Read 2539 times)
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« on: July 16, 2009, 05:39:55 AM »

I am still looking for this door closed sensor that is activated by the door lock on a Bally 5000 Plus ( This model does not have the led screen on the door).  It is different then the Bally 5000 model. I think this sensor looks like a rectangular solid block with a couple wires and a plug. Thanks
Jackpot
 cheers

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »

Can you post a picture of it?
I may have what you're looking for.... yes

Also, you'll be noticed more if you post what you want in our NLG "Classified" section... wave
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »

There are two different door senors on the Bally 5000 and the 5000 plus. I don't have a photo of the senor that I need for the 5000 Plus, but I have a photo of the one that I don't need off a Bally 5000, it's attached. So if it looks like this one in the photo, it's the wrong one. Sorry..... I'll keep looking for the bad one and take a photo of it if I can locate it. thank You
Jackpot
 Duh! Scratch Head

* DSCF6687.JPG (123.06 KB, 737x419 - viewed 180 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »

I wonder if it's just a bad ground wire and NOT the sensor? Scratch Head 2
Use a multimeter and check for continuity among the sensors' wiring and see if they're all okay. Scratch Head
Jiggle the molex connectors too...unplug it and plug it back together...sometimes that'll get the circuit going again... yes

Hey, reminds me of that guy fixing the black lines on his big plasma TV with a baseball bat.... rotflmao
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »

Here the deal..... I removed the sensor because it had a door open code and would not go away. So then, I ran a jumper wire to put it in the door closed mode all the time. It was fine for a long time. but now I been getting a call back on it, he said that everything will be fine and then out of the blue it just goes into a door open code. So, you are right.. and I'll put that Bat away next time and pick up the meter, Maybe I need to go back out and find the intermittent ground or lose wire causing this. I was hoping to put a good door sensor back into it when I did, as it a friends machine and it's located out of town. Last time I was there I had no tools to work with, so I did the best I could for him by jumping it. Thank You!, and you caught me?
Jackpot
 muted

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »

oh that's okay....just trying to help...
Hey, did you try any of our vendors listed on top here?
These greats guys and gals have just about everything you need or are looking for.... yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.