Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:57:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  No LED display in Win Meter- Need advice
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No LED display in Win Meter- Need advice  (Read 2501 times)
OLDS1992
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »

Hello group, Im Nick and I am new here. I have a Universal Slot Machine I picked up at a coin op auction and I cant get it to come alive. The ID tag says its model 8560-5 and the glass says 1985. It lights up and looks pretty but that is about it. There is no display in the win meter. I assume the interior button opposite the coin slot is for credits. I get no response from this switch. The hopper will spin when I hit the switch on it.  No response from the push switch near the fuses. I do see that the battery on the circuit board has corroded connections so I will replace it. Based on the site its a 3.6 V nicad? Any good source for that battery? Could this be the cause of my motionless machine or would I still get a display even with a shot battery?
HAve a good night,
Nick

jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Nick

I would guess the battery is the source of your trouble.  I only have the universal ultras which are newer but they would fail to boot with a battery as you describe.  You need to check out the board itself for corrosion damage.  If the battery has leaked onto the board cut the battery off then clean the area with 50/50 mix of vinager and water.  Once clear rinse with 91+% isopropyl alcohol and let dry.  The alcohol dries fast but maybe not so fast behind chips so leave it like 1 day to dry.  I stand them on edge during drying.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

Nick,
I missed your post, sorry for the late response.
Check out this link on power supplies. 
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=177.0
Scroll down on the link to where I talk about removing the noise filter.
This sounds like a bad noise filter in your power supply. Check power outputs on the power supply, remove the noise filter and check your outputs again.
My bet is it's the noise filter.  yes

Jim
LanHarjochee
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »

How would I make an led strip display Tally Counter?
I'm looking to build a small LED display tally counter. It would count Up or Down by 1's using two separate buttons +1 and -1 (duh). Flexible LED Strip Lights I'm not very good at this electronics stuff but can learn quickly. Outdoor LED Lighting Any and all help would be appreciated. Crazy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.