Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  IGT Repair in So Calif???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Repair in So Calif???  (Read 10609 times)
C320014
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:15:53 AM »

hi, I'm a newbie to this site. Hope this is the right forum to post this question...
Can you recommend a repairman in the Huntington Beach, Ca area?

I have an IGT Fortune 1, that has a "coin out time out". This happens every time I try to cash out

Thanks, Steve
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »

Just give us some pics and more detailed information and we can try to help.................Welcome to NLG! Remember, the more you show us the more we'll show you.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
AnotherTech
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45:29 AM »

Does the hopper wheel spin?  Do any coins come out?  If so, is it the correct amount of coins?

I don't know of any repair places in CA, but with enough info, the folks here can probably get you fixed up.
 Please Post Pictures

C320014
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

Thanks for the offer of help. I will take some pics tonite and will post. A video of the problem may be helpful.
Can I post a video on this forum?
 Scratch Head
Steve
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

You can post it to Youtube and then post the link here. If you use a clean link and allow the video to be embedded (a Youtube setting), the video should replace the link and be playable within the post.

I've also moved this thread to the Fortune 1 Board.

StatFreak garfield
nlg Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
C320014
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »

Here is a video of my Fortune 1. It isn't paying out correctly. When I try to cash out, a few coins come out and it says "coin out time out". After resetting, a few more coins out and the same thing happens. 

Please watch this- do you know what the problem is and how can I fix?    Help

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c8t7gmB4zQA&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/c8t7gmB4zQA&rel=0</a>

Thanks! Steve 
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »

As it is paying out coins, is it counting them?
or every time you reset it the credits stay the same?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
C320014
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »

It pays out three coins at a time, but the "credits" amount doesn't change.  BTW, a couple days ago, I removed the battery on the the CPU board and the next day it reset itself (game was working properly)

However, the next time I had some credits and tried to cash out, the problem started all over again...

Thanks for your help
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »

hi, I'm a newbie to this site. Hope this is the right forum to post this question...
Can you recommend a repairman in the Huntington Beach, Ca area?

I have an IGT Fortune 1, that has a "coin out time out". This happens every time I try to cash out

Thanks, Steve

I saw this today on craigslist. SoCal repair

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/clt/2346303898.html

Richard

Moderator: Removed reply from quote box. SF garfield
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:13:09 PM by StatFreak » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »

Steve   The one fellow we have on this site that can tell you how to get your machine working properly is Jim, send him a PM or wait and he may see this thread.

I have very limited experience with a Fortune 1, but the ones I have had will not build up credits, in other words they pay out in full on every hit. ( they do not even have a cash out button )
I've been wrong before so don't hold that againest me.

At the very top of the hopper there is a small micro switch that counts the coins as they come out, I would look in this area for bad electrical connections, are even a bad micro switch. It wouldn't hurt to spray some contact clearer into the electrical plug where the hopper plugs in.

Steve that is a nice looking old machine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »

As it is paying out coins, is it counting them?  or every time you reset it the credits stay the same?

Excellent question, Foster -- it gets to the meat of the problem.

I second Buzz's suggestion:

At the very top of the hopper there is a small micro switch that counts the coins as they come out, I would look in this area for bad electrical connections, are even a bad micro switch. It wouldn't hurt to spray some contact clearer into the electrical plug where the hopper plugs in.

Right now your machine is activating the hopper when you press "cash out" (so far, so good), and the hopper is spinning and dispensing coins (also so far, so good), but the issue is that your machine doesn't know that coins are coming out.  As such, it's giving up with a time out message (saying that either the hopper is empty or that it's not accurately counting coins as they're dispensed).  If it didn't have that feature, you'd have a "runaway hopper" where the machine would dump its contents while attempting to pay out the 20 credits on the meter.

Make sure that coins that are dispensed from the hopper are actually triggering the switch near the hopper exit to tell the machine that it is successfully paying out coins.  The switch should be tripped once for every coin that exits the hopper.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:46 AM »

I don't have a machine here to look at, but from what I could remember, the motor has a brake on it ( like all IGT hoppers Ac type)  if you push in on the brake(its a flat arm that is on the top of the motor, usually has a spring attached to it ) with on hand and rotate the star rubber agitator ccw. it will take some effort. as you do this you can watch the pin wheel (it has little tips that the coin will ride on) pull the coins and take them up to the top of the hopper bowl and roll them onto the knife, as they roll onto the knife they encounter a wheel attached to a pivot point , the coin will push up this wheel and this will cause the pivot action to push on a switch blade , this action is what counts the coins as they continue to roll out of the knife and into the coin tray.some pivot levers had a screw and nut so you could adjust the interaction between the pivot point and the switch blade (to activate the opening and closing of the switch).
the switch should close an the 10'o clock position  and reopen at the two 'o clock position.  the switch should have two wires on it ,one on the common post and the other on the N/C post.  they go into the interface board (mounted on the left sidewall ) connector "C". the best way to check the switch is with a ohm meter.
Hopefully you will find your problem in and around this area.  nice machine, never saw one with cash out feature. Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 03:09:31 AM »

nice machine, never saw one with cash out feature.

This got me thinking.  Are you sure you (Steve) don't have a Fortune II?  I didn't even know that a Fortune II could hold credits until this post where the (simple) directions to change the machine between cash mode and credit mode were posted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:31:42 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
C320014
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

I'm not sure if it's a Fortune I or II. I'm kinda new to this- is there some definitive way to verify? There is no serial number plate- previous owner removed it.
Thanks for the help!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

I'm sorry, I was having a ridiculous brain fart.  The Fortune II's graphics look nothing like that (the Fortune II graphics look similar to the PE+).  You have a Fortune I for sure -- sorry for the confusion.

Have you been able to locate the switch where the coins come out of the hopper that we've been discussing?  Something you could try (you may want a second person there so you have an extra set of hands) would be to open the door, then hold the door switch closed (so the machine thinks the door is closed and the "door open" message doesn't appear on the screen) (also, some door switches are designed that you can gently pull the switch plunger out towards you and it will "lock" into a position where it simulates the door being closed -- no idea if your machine offers that feature or not).

With the door switch closed, press the cash out button and watch the coins coming out of the hopper.  Are they activating the switch?  What about if you (carefully so you don't pinch/cut your fingers!) activate the switch by hand when the hopper is attempting to pay coins.  Do the number of credits on your machine then decrease?  If so, then the switch just needs to be physically adjusted so that coins coming out of the hopper trip the switch.  If the credits do not decrease even when you operate the switch by hand while the machine is attempting to do a cash out, then the switch or the wiring may be faulty.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:56:04 PM by knagl » Logged

nightmaretony
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 100

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

worst comes to worst, am in the inland empire and working away on Fortune 1s Smiley. io board input, perhaps?
BENCHTECHBILL

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »

Can you snap a picture of the top of the hopper so I can see witch one you have please?  I think that hopper had the switch that counted the dispenced coins. IIf i remember correct the switch at the top of the hopper would get broke.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:38:25 PM by BENCHTECHBILL » Logged
hdm72222

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »

Are you tokens have the diameter ok for this pinwheel and disk?
The coin out sensor is adjusted for token hight?
Thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.