Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  Fortune 1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortune 1  (Read 2959 times)
SPLAM
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:22:29 AM »

I am a newbie to both video machines and this sight so please  excuse me if I don't know what I'm talking about.  I acquired a Fortune 1 that was not working.  I found several things wrong with it such as main board unplugged from mother board, broke connector on ribbon cable. hopper locked up.  I have worked through most of the issues but now I am getting some white rectangular boxes on the CRT.  When the cards are first displayed everything is fine but if I push the first hold button I get a white rectangle above the second card where the hold would be displayed.  If I touch that hold button the hold letters come up with the blue back ground.  Touch it again and the hold goes away and the white rectangle is gone.  I also get white spots(always rectangles) in many other locations on the CRT.  If it will help I will try and figure out how to post some pictures. Does any one have any ideas?  I really like this sight and I can see where these machine could become habit forming!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:10:53 AM »

Welcome to the site!

NLG Welcome

The first thing I would try is, with the power off, remove the board from the machine, and one at a time gently remove and reseat the cg (graphics) chips, as one or more of them may be making a bad connection.

If you have never removed EPROM chips before, please ask us for some tips before you start so you don't damage the legs on the chips, the sockets, or the board itself.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
SPLAM
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »

knagl
Thanks for the tip on my issue with the Fortune 1.  Can you tell me which chips are the cg(graphics) chips on the cpu board.  I have done some electronic work and what I usually do to r/r ic's is gently loosen them by inserting a nonconductive tool between the chip and the socket and gently work one side at a time up so as not to bend the ic connectors.  Do you have a way that works better?  When I reinstall them I make sure all the conductors are aligned with the socket and again apply even pressure on one side of the ic until it starts into the socket and then gently seat the other side.  What I may do is not remove the ic's completely but work them up slightly in the sockets and then just reseat them to avoid possible damaging the connectors(legs) I have had some success with that in the past.  I also have some
spray electronic cleaner that I could spray the sockets with to help if there is some corrosion.  When I was working on it I did clean the connections between the ribbon cables and the sockets they plug into since I noticed some green oxidation. 
I also need a light bulb for one of the buttons, would you know a number and possible a source for them.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:13 PM »

Your method of removing the chips sounds fine -- I just didn't know if you were completely green to working with boards and chips or not, and I didn't want to say "remove the chips" and have you pry the sockets off the board or something, or put the chips in backwards when re-inserting them.  arrow

I'm not familiar enough with the Fortune I to tell you which chips are the suspect ones.  If they used the same stuff as the PE/PE+, they'd be labeled "MRO", "MGO", "MBO", and "MXO."

If you can post a good clear picture of your board, someone more familiar with the platform I'm sure will be able to chime in and point out which chips may be suspect.

I'm personally not a fan of using the spray cleaners, but I know others have used them with some success.  As I'm sure you know, make sure the liquid from that has completely dried before applying power.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
SPLAM
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »

Well, I pulled the CPU board and lifted all of the ic's in their sockets and reseated them all since I did not have the chip layout for the board per knagl's suggestion and I still have the same issue with the white rectangular boxes in various places on the screen.
Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what may be causing this issue.  I can play the machine fine but I would love to get it working without this annoying issue?
Thanks again, I love this sight I am already starting to look for my next addition to my man cave, I am thinking I would like a slot machine.  Anyone got one for sale or know of one?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.