Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  Fortune 1 HOLD buttons
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortune 1 HOLD buttons  (Read 3707 times)
riverratmike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: November 01, 2012, 02:40:44 AM »

Took the panel off tonight to see if I could fix or replace the light bulbs inside the hold buttons. Took the switch panel off to find no lamps inserted into the hold buttons. Looks like there is a hole there for a bulb. My collect winnings/bet one/deal draw buttons do have lamps inside the button. Just curious if this model made in March 1983 is to not have any lamps in the hold buttons?

* IMG_1160.jpg (100.39 KB, 838x559 - viewed 381 times.)

* IMG_1158.jpg (90.39 KB, 838x559 - viewed 376 times.)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:38:03 AM »

Mike:

I know that this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever got your answer?  I just bought a Fortune 1 and I am looking to learn all that I can about them.  Below is a picture of my game.

Ra

* FORTUNE 1 FRONT.JPG (203.64 KB, 382x600 - viewed 308 times.)
riverratmike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:32 AM »

wow nice lookin' machine. No still haven't got a answer about the hold buttons.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »

Mike:

Seems like there is not a lot of activity on the fortune 1 forum.  Perhaps they are just too old and not held by many collectors.  That is bad for me since I just bought mine a week ago.  I did see that you can download a copy of the manual on this site.  I think its a PDF document. 

One of my hold buttons does not light up on occasion as well.  If you touch it ever so slightly the light comes on.  Hit or miss problem. 

Same for the last hold button to the right.  The light always works but the hold does not engage all of the time.  If you push it hard it still doesnt engage.  I clear all choices several time and try to re-select that right hold until it lights up. 

Thanks for the compliment about the look of my nachine.  The Joker wild seems to not show up in the Fortune 1 manual.  There is an IGT Slot, Black Jack and Draw Poker(I Think Jacks or Better) shown on the cover

That unique look can be a problem if I need new glass, which I would like to get.

Woe is me

With so little knowledge I am inclined to leave not so well alone for now.  Your thoughts?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »

Took the panel off tonight to see if I could fix or replace the light bulbs inside the hold buttons. Took the switch panel off to find no lamps inserted into the hold buttons. Looks like there is a hole there for a bulb. My collect winnings/bet one/deal draw buttons do have lamps inside the button. Just curious if this model made in March 1983 is to not have any lamps in the hold buttons?

There were many made with no harness and/or hole for bulbs in the HOLD buttons. It is not actually not uncommon at all, although I couldn't tell you the reasoning behind it.

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »

Daylight only play?  Seems a little crazy to me.  Although the designers of these old machines were wizards sometimes you have to wonder what the heck they were thinking when they done did this crazy thingy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.