Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  I bought it yesterday!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I bought it yesterday!  (Read 12125 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: November 19, 2013, 12:54:21 PM »

Well, I bought my first Vidoe Poker Machine yesterday.  An IGT fortune one.  Not a bad looking machine.  There are some scratches on the center glass/or plastic? that would make me want to get another one should I see one for sale.   The hold for the last card did not activate once while I was testing the game but it acted right after a few tries.  Since I have gotten it home I have not had any problems from it.  The center, third card hold button light flickers sometimes but mostly lights up as it is supposed to.  There was no reset key to be found so I am in the market for one of those as well.  Overall I am pleased.  I played till about 1:30 am then I gave up the game.  6 hours round trip to pick up the game was took its toll on me. 

The game worked as it should.  It took my money.  lol.    Admittedly, I was up for must of the playing time but I stayed at the party too long. 

Any help or leads to my wanted glass and key would be appreciated. 

Thank you all for your wisdom and support.  Now that I have a Fortune 1 I am sure that I will have many questions, and possibly some answers in the future to help and be helped.  Thanks again.

Ra

* FORTUNE 1 FRONT.JPG (203.64 KB, 382x600 - viewed 386 times.)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »

Dancing Party Congratulations

Cool machine! I've never seen that glass before that I can remember! Good job!

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »

Thank you soooo much.  The little dancing people made me smile.  Just my luck that I found a game with an impossible to replace glass.  lol

Ra
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »

Think of it as rare and unique, not hard to find! Besides, you can replace it with other glass if need be and change the entire scheme....uh oh, just looked again, and you can swap the glass scheme if you can find the same payout. Shouldn't be too hard though, there wasn't a ton of them made.

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

Rare and unigue.  I like the sound of that MUCH better.  lol.    For now I will just enjoy the game and try to look the other way and any cosmetic issues.  The fan up top is keeping a pretty good racket.  Was not doing that when I tested the machine.  I put some lubricant on the shaft (keep your minds out of the gutter) and now it ihas quieted down considerably.

Ra
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »

Congratulations! applause  I love poker and you can't beat a classic.  I think the scratches are "earned" and help give it historic character.  Who knows ... maybe someone famous caused that scratch?

:Dave
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »

Thank you Dave.  You might be correct about the celebrity scratches.  I was told by the seller, who knows a lot more about these machines than I do, that the scratches are common when players have diamond rings on and they hit the glass with their hands while loading coins.  I sounded good to me.  Lol

Ra
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

You can get a new lock (reset key lock) at most any hardware store. Just make sure the "barrel" part is the same length. Remove your old lock  (power off!) and take it to a Home Depot. Then you just unscrew the cam and the little "thingy" (what the heck is it called?  Scratch Head) that sets the rotation of the key. It's all very easy to do.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »

I took a good look at the lock last night and changed it out with one I had in my tool box.  Now I am ready to hit the Jackpot!!!  lol
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 12:19:22 AM »

My first Poker machine making friends with my Bally EM's.  Thanks to all of you.

* Joker Poker With Bally EM Friends.jpg (186.95 KB, 816x612 - viewed 352 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 12:36:26 AM »

Nice looking collection! I always wanted one of those 5-line Bally fruit EMs. Childhood memories.

Congratulations on your new and first video machine but consider yourself warned: The video poker flood gates have been opened...  rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 12:54:40 AM »

Stat:

The five line 873 is easy to find but the fruit is another story on the East Coast.  I have not seen one for sale nearby in over a year.  They do come up in southern California pretty often.  Shipping for me would be over $300.  Big ouch!

I feel that I have been bitten by Video bug.  Lucky me. I have a small basement so I cant let it get out of hand.

BTW  Childhood memories of video poker?  Like so many of us, raised in a pool hall.
SolidSilver
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 38

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »

Nice addition to a fine collection. Clap
Where did you get those neat triangular-looking stands
for the Ballys? I want one!

If it doesn't go CLINK, it isn't really money.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »

Solid Silver:

Thank you for the compliment.  As far as the Octagon stands, I want one too.  The story is thus...  I had no clue how heavy those old EM's were when I bought my first one.  (I bought it online)  When it arrived I knew that I could not simply plop these games down on a cheap walmart table.  Crash bang pow!  I had no idea where to get a slot machine table.  My liittle mind started turning as to what could be decorative yet hold the weight associated with the old Bally EM's.  I concluded that and aquarium stand shoud do the trick since it hold many many pounds of water. 

The stands are made my perfecto company.  The design line is Majesty Octagon.  Alas when I felt confident that I was going to get the Joker Poker I looked to buy another Perfecto stand.  BAD NEWS!  The stand has been discontinued 2 years ago.  I called directly to the company looking for some old, even unfinished stock.  No such luck.  The locks are Home Depot cabinet locks that I put on myself.

These Perfecto stands are abour four inches higher than the White Clad table and make for a more comfortable viewing and playing posture.  I had to scrable at the last minute and I bought a used White Clad ice box table from a craigs list seller.   

I guess that the perfecto stand can be located privately from someone getting rid of the matcing tank but you may have to buy a deadly puffer fish along with it.  lol.

Ra
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »

In the above post I meant Perfecto Hexagon.  I failed geometry the first go round in high school. 

Ra
BadMaddison

Total Karma Storms: 4

It's *not* agoraphobia; I was adjusting something.

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:54 AM »

hello Ra and new friends!

my new Fortune is what led me to find your site and I am just tickled with mine so I can understand completely you staying up all night just playing for a few more minutes...

I also share your pain in the fact that when I brought the Fortune home I, too, did not realize how heavy it was and when my guys went to put it on it's stand they felt it wouldn't hold it so they lowered it to the ground and it slipped just enough to ding it a bit right where the lock is.

I am able to unlock it but will have to fix this problem sooner than later as the door is heavy as many of you know and it is mostly all one piece and will eventually wear out the hinges pretty quickly.  Shortrackskater is a neighbor and might be able to swing by to take a gander at it for me and my other safer option is of course to leave well enough alone and only gingerly open and close the door when needed as the inside and outside are in minty condition and I count my blessings the slip wasn't worse.

now for the fun stuff!

the gentleman I purchased the Fortune from didn't even know this but...

when the slot is idle for a period of time it starts to flash short messages, some a bit risque for 1975!

I'll put one here for you boys so you can have the first peek.

enjoy a little flashback to 1975 and my Fortune Coin Co slot machine...

* Fortune2.jpg (1510.38 KB, 1944x2592 - viewed 393 times.)

"I was in the hospital once but I took a turn for the nurse." ~W. C. Fields
BadMaddison

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »

ok ok...

two more for sh*ts and giggles...

* Fortune3 - Copy.jpg (180.66 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 338 times.)

* Fortune4 - Copy.jpg (143.58 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 338 times.)

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »

Haaa,
Those are funny.
 muted yummy muted

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
BadMaddison

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »

rooty tooty fresh and fruity!

the nurse is a little loopy!

hey guys, is mine a '67 or '69?  I'm delirious and going to bed.   zzzzzzz

* 67or69 model 809.jpg (20.08 KB, 337x450 - viewed 325 times.)

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »

Bad:

Those sayings are funny.  I dont think that my Fortune has that feature.  What year was yours manufactured?  When unattended it just sits there and calls me over and forces me to play another handfull of quarters. 

The 809 is a nice machine.  The 809 and the 873 seem to habe been the most popular models.  I see them in my area from time to time but must need some work.  Enjoy.

Ra
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

rooty tooty fresh and fruity!

the nurse is a little loopy!

hey guys, is mine a '67 or '69?  I'm delirious and going to bed.   zzzzzzz

Does it have a Bally data tag on the lower right hand side of the cabinet?
If so, in the black area above the model number it should be stamped with a Month / Day / Year of manufacture.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CVslots

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »

Let me talk to Darrell (hubby) tonight, as we have the same machine (or at least had, but I think its still here somewhere). I remember the sayings after seeing your machine. Ours was a 3-line penny slot. I believe we messed around with them and changed them, so unless you know the history of the machine, they may not be original. Sorry if I burst any bubbles, original or not, they are still pretty cool.

BadMaddison

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »

Neonkiss,

thanks for the suggestion, but this is one of those slots with the serial plate removed.  I understand that in the day some slots were bought/sold under "shady" circumstances with the plates removed just in case the gaming commission happened to find one in an establishment where it maybe shouldn't have oughta been and this way it couldn't have been traced back to where it shoulda been if you know what I mean.

opps... maybe Ra and I shoulda oughta move da topic if you know what I mean.

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

Bad and Ra are innocent of all charges.  We simply enjoy older gaming devices.  Is that a crime?  lol

Ra
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

My first Poker machine making friends with my Bally EM's.  Thanks to all of you.

Nice collection there! And those stands are great. I never would have thought of using an aquarium stand. They look custom made for a slot machine.  applause
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.