Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  I bought it yesterday!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I bought it yesterday!  (Read 12126 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »

Short:

Thank you for the compliments on the stands.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  I had no idea how heavy those em's were until the first one was in my garage.  No slot machine supply store in NY.  I thought to myself, self, what kind of table is strong enough to hold up this machine with a compartment under it that will hold the hopper overflow?  With water being about 8 pounds per gallon my list of choices was really short AND there was a pet supply store nearby.  The rest is history. 

Problem for me now is that they stopped making the stand that you see in my pictures about 2 years ago.  What do I do now?

Ra
BadMaddison
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

It's *not* agoraphobia; I was adjusting something.

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »

hey Ra,

who you callin' older?

ha!

ok, so according to California Antique Slots, Inc. the 809 is a 1967.  Ra's 873 is a 1970.  but I can't tell the difference! I'm looking at all the models in between and there were a lot of exports made in those three years; it would be fun to see some of them. and keep checking craigslist for aquarium stands.  you're on to something there.

Ra- there is a better picture of my Fortune on my profile page.  I'm really very new to all of this and literally stumbled across it.  I didn't know what it was and frankly didn't want it.  it was posted on craigslist out in the boondocks with the Bally it's shown with.  the owner had said, "it might behoove you to look it up and buy it along with the other one".

ha ha! "bee-hoooove me".  I almost didn't even go thinking this guy was a joker because I couldn't find anything anywhere about it, not even a picture.

when I saw it I had to have it. and little old grandpa was no joker but a very sharp minded man in an elderly man's body.

he didn't just want to sell it to anyone, he wanted someone to have it.

it's a 1975 Fortune Coin Company slot machine developed by Walt Fraley.  the first one.  before Si Redd purchased Fortune Coin in 1978.

"I was in the hospital once but I took a turn for the nurse." ~W. C. Fields
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

Bad:

I would never call you old because we are as young as we feel.  Your pictures are very nice.  My first machine was from LA Slots and they had a lot of El Rancho games for sale.  You have a great and diverse collection. 

I did not even know that there were early vidoe slots until I found this forum.  NY is a 30 year state so I am extremely limited here.  The Bally 1000 and 2000 series scare me and are ill advised by many.  That leaves me the pre 1980 games.  There are indeed all shpes and sizes to choose from. 

You are correct in that many of the best machines were exported and are very scarce in the states.  I have been lucky enough to meet people with some rare birds and I have been able to play many of them.  My cup runneth over now and there is no more space in my cave.  I have to buy and purge at the same time in the future.  Glad that you like the fish tank idea.  I am always willing to help a fellow collector. 

Ra
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.