Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:19:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  Two Fortune 1 machine found at a swap meet..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Fortune 1 machine found at a swap meet..  (Read 6220 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: January 15, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »

I just wanted to share my latest projects.. My friend called me last Friday.. He said that there were 2 IGT Fortune 1 machines for sale at the swap meet. Sent me a pic and asked if I might be interested.. The pics shows a price of $25 each, but I offered $40 total... Surprise they accepted the offer.   rotflmao   After tinkering with them over the past few days, I was able to get one working tonight.  Dancing Party  I want to send a big thanks to a couple of NLG members,  erbs  +1 (Karma, or whatever)  for the lead on the machines, and midas touch  +1 (Karma, or whatever) for answering a few of my questions on the Fortune 1 machines.. Hopefully the second ones something simple too..

Gary

* Fone.jpg (480 KB, 1600x1195 - viewed 353 times.)

* F1.jpg (367.24 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 295 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
erbs
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 01:48:53 AM »

I knew that you could get em working.  applause applause applause Ecstatic / Top Award
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »

Good score Gary!
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »

Congratulations!  What was wrong?  How did you fix it?  Do tell all!

Ra
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »

Congratulations!  What was wrong?  How did you fix it?  Do tell all!

Ra

I guess it was common sense mostly. I started buy going thru the deck buttons. I cleaned the sticky ones, then check to see if the switches worked with a meter. Then I checked to see if I had good connection between the switch to the molex plug.  Once that was done I cleaned the connections on the I/O board with contact cleaner. I already knew my video part worked because I had a nice picture, just nothing else.. Once it was back together I noticed my LED light on the I/O would flash when the deck buttons were pushed, so I reset the machine and it was working!! Now I'm going to use it to test the parts from the second machine one piece at a time. So far I've found that machine 2 has a problem with its I/O board. The hopper fails to pay, just get a time out error. It does count the payout if you click the payout roller. Hopefully by days end I will have tested the deck buttons and MPU.

Gary

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »

Wow.  I dont understand half of what you said but that is a great success story!  Find me a couple why dont ya.  lol.  Nothing out here in the North East at all.

Ra
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »

Gary the other machine you have, is that the same model as these two?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »

Gary the other machine you have, is that the same model as these two?

Tim,  I have two Fortune II machines too. Ones really clean but has no video output. Looks like it has a bad RGB power supply for the monitor. The second one has video output, but is a different model RGB power supply and the mounting hardware is different between the two cabinets. I think I can swap out the monitor shelve in it. If I can then it should be a simple fix, just install the good CRT & power supply. It would be nice to have a working Fortune I & II machine for trouble shooting other ones later on.

Gary

midas touch
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 09:48:43 PM »

So ....What's next on your wish list? A Fortune III    Cry Laughing Cry Laughing rotflmao rotflmao Ecstatic / Top Award

I have "THE MIDAS TOUCH". Every thing I touch turns into a muffler....
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

So ....What's next on your wish list? A Fortune III    Cry Laughing Cry Laughing rotflmao rotflmao Ecstatic / Top Award

Possibly a PE or what's the other one PE+?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.