Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:30:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 Troubleshooting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 Troubleshooting  (Read 38884 times)
Slotster
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »

Ok - powering the motor up by itself proved useful! It spun very slowly for a second or 2, then picked up speed - as though there was some dirt or oil in there that was preventing it from spinning, but then broke free. I stuck it back in the machine, and it successfully took a bill!

Unfortunately, one seemed to be it's limit. When trying to take the 2nd, it struggled for a minute trying to feed it through the transport, then finally gave up. Resetting it sent it back into it's continuous cycling mode.

So my next step - take apart the transport so I can get to the motor, and figure out what's going on inside that shiny motor-looking thing that the motor connects to. I'm betting it's some sort of gear assembly (?) that needs to be cleaned out....
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »

I would think it is the motor itself.  I have had some in the past that weren't strong enough to do the job.

Good luck,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Slotster
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »

No such luck there either... Everything moved amazingly well once taken apart. I oiled it up a bit, rotated everything by hand (rather easily) and put it all back together, only to be right back to where I started. Reverted back to powering the motor by itself again, and this time noticed that as the motor struggles, it's also shooting all sorts of sparks internally. It again loosed up after a few seconds. Since everything turned with little effort without the motor in place, I'm now thinking that the problem is contained within the transport motor itself. Anyone know of someplace to get a new one? I found this link on e-Bay - http://cgi.ebay.com/WBA-TRANSPORT-REPLACEMENT-MOTOR-FOR-YOUR-WBA_W0QQitemZ260266326289QQihZ016QQcategoryZ13731QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247, but that motor really doesn't look much like the one I have at all. Mine is short & fat.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »

That one is for a WBA.  You may find a transport easier.  You could also contact Jim at Blueridgeslots (member and vendor here) as he likely would have what you need.
http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=76

Good luck,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Slotster
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »

Thanks Wayne. Looking around the net, I did find the replacement motor at AG&E (www.americangaminginc.com), but they have a $25 minimum order... and I've found a full (refurb) transport for $35, so I'm thinking the transport's probably the way to go. I did take apart the motor itself and confirmed my suspicions.. It was filled with magnet dust, and the brushes were pretty well destroyed. I had some hopes of cleaning it out, adding some lube and putting it all back together again until I broke the little (already well on their way to being broke for good anyway) brushes trying to get the cap back on. It was good to see that I have in fact found the problem though. The thought of buying spare parts (Cash box, transport, head, harnesses, processor board...) just to get a toy up & running didn't sit well with me - not knowing which would really do the trick..

I'll check with Blue Ridge & see what they have before going with the transport I found. Thanks again to all for all the help!
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 05:03:13 PM »

Hello!

Don't know if you fixed this yet or ordered a replacement transport - but there is a transport and DBV-145 head on eBay right now for $9.99.  I think your head is ok - so you would really be just buying it for the transport which is the same for the 145 and the 200 - take a look Smiley

http://cgi.ebay.com/JCM-DBV-145-SS-Bill-Acceptor-Assy-IGT-S-Slot-Machine_W0QQitemZ350117935809QQ

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Slotster
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

Wow... that is a pretty unbelievable price. Thanks for thinking of me. I did get in touch with Jim at Blueridgeslots though, and he said he can get me my choice of new or used motors for the transport. He's been very responsive, and since I can get a new motor pretty cheap [as I would have expected... assuming I could find them], I'm just going to go that route. With $18 shipping on that auction and 6 days left, I'm betting the price will be going up a bit before it's over.
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »

Wow... that is a pretty unbelievable price. Thanks for thinking of me. I did get in touch with Jim at Blueridgeslots though, and he said he can get me my choice of new or used motors for the transport. He's been very responsive, and since I can get a new motor pretty cheap [as I would have expected... assuming I could find them], I'm just going to go that route. With $18 shipping on that auction and 6 days left, I'm betting the price will be going up a bit before it's over.

Hello!

Don't know if the price will go up because it has the older 145 head on it...but can't go wrong with Jim - he's great!

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Slotster
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »

I also noticed that the 145 head they're including doesn't have the EPROM... I'm sure it wouldn't be tough to find one, but sold separately, and may not work at all...
jaeckleint
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »

I have a the same problem as mentioned aboved. Validator head will spin and unit will click, validator head will spin and unit will ckick over and over for 15 minutes or so, then it will stop and take bills for the rest of the time until I turn off the machine or open the door. I think it is a power supply issue. Have cleaned and checked installation to no avail. Ordered a new power supply to see if that fixes it. IGT s+ machine round top currently a 731 and 3089 chip for double jackpot .
Slotster
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »

Good luck. My (main) issue was in fact the motor, and replacing it solved the initial problem. Unfortunately, I also learned that my rubber belt to pull the bill through had also lost it's pulling power by the time I got the motor replaced. I should have just gone with a new transport in the first place.
jaeckleint
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 11:12:01 PM »

Replaced the power supply today....no change hissy fit Was only a $9.00 investment though! Time to replace the head or transport. I think the head is more likely as the trasnsport is not in play yet when it starts to cycle the gears have not even moved yet only the motors in the head. The leds on the head board flash one then the other with the clicks and the head motor runs to match. If I open the head the motor runs constant and when I close it again it cycles. When it stops cycling the face plate will illuminate as if it is ready to accept a bill, but if you insert one it will go in about a half inch and stop and the cycling will start again and the bill will stay there.
Slotster
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 12:03:26 AM »

The symptoms sound just like what I was experiencing. I think it's possible that the head is trying to cycle the transport but the transport's not responding properly. If you can find a cheap transport, it might be worth a try - those heads are expensive!
jaeckleint
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 12:53:16 AM »

Found both a head and transport or $49.00. We will see what works..
jaeckleint
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »

Installed the new head and transport assembly. Same dbv200 unit with updated software. Now it powers up as it should cycles and is ready for a bill. It will take the bill (any bill) all the way in..wait 8 seconds then give it back. Should I need to set the value again after changing the DBV and power supply? Also I did change the game to 731 5 times pay 5 coin. Will try another game that the validator worked with just in case it is a compatibility issue with the game. Any other ideas?
jaeckleint
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »

OK installed last known game that worked with the bill validator, 1271 chip with a 4080...validator would not light up. Put the 731 back in and no validator lights??? I have to find a set or validator set chip. Was at least powering up but now the chip swap around ended that.. Scratch Head
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 12:28:42 AM »

Installed the new head and transport assembly. Same dbv200 unit with updated software. Now it powers up as it should cycles and is ready for a bill. It will take the bill (any bill) all the way in..wait 8 seconds then give it back. Should I need to set the value again after changing the DBV and power supply? Also I did change the game to 731 5 times pay 5 coin. Will try another game that the validator worked with just in case it is a compatibility issue with the game. Any other ideas?

You either have Dipswitch 10 on the BV set to ON, for the 731, should be OFF, or you have the Credit Limit set too low, or possibly another setting, but when you changed the SP (Game Chip) that disabled the BV and you need to use a Set Chip, such as a SET 15 or similar

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

jaeckleint
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »

I have changed games a few times and never lost the bill validator, Is it normal to have to reset the validator after a game change? But will check the dip switch settings and i have to find where i left my set chip or just give up and buy another Duh!. Time looking for it cost me in money and stress hissy fit Duh!. I am sure I put it right where I would know it be, now if I could only remember where that was  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 12:59:43 AM »

I have changed games a few times and never lost the bill validator, Is it normal to have to reset the validator after a game change? But will check the dip switch settings and i have to find where i left my set chip or just give up and buy another Duh!. Time looking for it cost me in money and stress hissy fit Duh!. I am sure I put it right where I would know it be, now if I could only remember where that was  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

You can change the REEL chip without loosing the BV setup, but when you change the GAME chip from a different Family you will have to use the SET chip, (Family like SP 1271 to 1274)

jaeckleint
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »

OK, got the set 15 chip today, installed it and set the 9_0 to a 9_1, set the denom to 25 when the 6 was in the coins played. Re-installed the game chip (731) cleared the 61 to 61-1 and the bill validator now lights up again and takes bills all the way in and holds them for 8 seconds and returns them. Hopper, max pay, bill limit ect all set to 3000 coins. Machine is set for 25 cent play reel chip is a 7720 5 times play 5 coin. Do I need to set a dip switch on the validator different for this game. I have had this machine with other games for years with no bill validator issues until the last one died.  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »

Turn all dipswitches OFF on BV, do you have a flash or eprom based BV Head?, may be a version problem but make sure you check dip 10 on the BV for being off

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

Also the Dipswitches on the CPU of the Machine (not BV) should be 1234 ON 5678 OFF (unless you have a progressive hooked up) also you held the self test button after you set the 25 in the set chip menu until the display went blank correct?

jaeckleint
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »

All switches on validator are off, flash rom updated for this machine to accept all but new $5, 1234 are off on system board. I again installed the set chip was allready on 9-1. still showed blank for denom, changes to 25 pressed and held reset display went blank then 0, turned off reinstalled 731 and same thing.
jaeckleint
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 11:54:51 PM »

Took the 731 out and installed a 1271, cleared code and played one round with coin, powered down used set chip and then re-installed 1271. Validator powered up and did same thing. Put old sometimes working validator that has worked in this machine for years and it does the same thing when it finally quits clicking and wants to work.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »

a bv that clicks and stops is usually the power supply

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.