Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:13:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 Troubleshooting
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 Troubleshooting  (Read 38843 times)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »

you could also look on the motherboard (board mounted in machine base that CPU plugs into for a burnt trace)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
jaeckleint
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »

If you read the top of this post I tried that first with no luck. Old one clicks, new one works great just will not keep bills. Validator and transport are new.
jaeckleint
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

also tried the OEM Haywire kit that came with machine (4080 & 779 ) same thing. Old and new validators act different, I am sure the the new validator is working strong, old one clicks still new one snaps to life crisply and takes bill from you quickly...but just gives it back, no clicking. Guess i will pull mother board and look for trace issues tommorrow. Old one accepted bills when it was not clicking.. but not any more something changed.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2009, 01:25:33 AM »

Confirm with the supplier of the NEW head that the software is DBV-200 SS ID 022/23

jaeckleint
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »

It is. Supplier was worldwide gaming.
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »

have you cleared the 4 square on the mother board with a test 123? Ben

jaeckleint
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »

Do not understand cleared 4 squared with 123 test, please explain
fanninislots

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

you put a test 123 chip in the game socket and do a deep ram clear puts everything back to default and it clears the 2 square chip on the mother board. If you don't have one call me. Ben

fanninislots

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »

Sorry its the 4 square chip on the mother board

jaeckleint
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »

is that same as the ram / clear chip I bought from you a few years ago or is it a special clear chip. my just sayes ram clear on it.
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

Hello!

I don't know if you have seen this post in any other thread, but you may want to check it out.  There are some tabs in the back that have to be aligned just right....

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

jaeckleint
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

I did see the thread, that was one of the first things I tried.  Thanks
fanninislots

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »

it will say test 123 when you use the chip it goes through 2 files and stops at 999

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »

My offer stands to test your Head (and preferably transport with harness in between) to determine if the problem is in your machine or the head, since you did not have a problem before changing out the head, just because the head is new (to you, not new in box) does not mean it is working, even bench testing can show good acceptance and not communicate in the machine, I have had 200's that had a comm. problem before and bench test fine, this is since you don't have another machine right there to try it in

jaeckleint
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »

Thanks for the offer and I might go that route soon, The old validator will do the same thing when it stops clicking. The clicking was intermittant and the validator worked. Then it stoped working . So symptom was there before head replacement, just had clicking too. now no clicking. Power supply change was about when it stopped working, old supply is back in machine and is plugged into the correct harness connector. No pins backed out or bent. I will try the ram clear first to see if it helps and so we can rule it out.
Question back to the set15 chip. Installed the set chip changed the 9-0 to 9-1 pressed button to get the 6 for denom set, window empty and steps up to the 25 cents, press reset and hold window goes blank then to 0. reinstall game chip and clear code, validator lights up and takes bill and gives back....now for the question...If  I pull the game chip and put the set chip back in it shows 9-1 first without having to change it...but show nothing for denom until I press spin button again. Should it come up 25 right from the start as it was all ready set to that last time around? If so it is not saving the denom and that maybe my problem???
jaeckleint
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

The 4 wire harness on the right that goes under the transport into the machine (the one the door latch bites into) which I think is for the cash can optics, would it cause this problem if it is faulty?
jaeckleint
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »

OK, Tonights progress or lack of... Found out why original validator was clicking, 9 pin connector where validator power supply hooks to machine harness had the green wire backed out. Repaired this and tried again no change. Tried old validator head and it no longer clicks. Powers up and acts just like the new one. Takes bill and gives it back in 8 seconds, tried a new 5 that it is not programmed for and it gave that back in 2 seconds! Both old and new head did this. Tried set chip again no change. Can't find my ram clear chip to save me bawling
Pulled the mother board and checked connectors and for burnt traces..none found. Checked all other connectors for backed out pins, none found. Tried dip switch 10 on the validator just for the hell of it, no change. Ran the JCM test mode for bill registry with stacker and it took the bill all the way into the cash can with no error codes. Both old and new head. To me this rules out the heads.
Need to order a ram clear chip since I can't find mine.
fanninislots

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:31 AM »

Sounds like you need some one on one call me. Ben

jaeckleint
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

Success applause propeller Hail wave

Installed the 123 clear chip and let it do its thing, re-installed the game chip powered up and cleared the 61-0, put the set chip in and set the validator to on and 25 cents, put game chip back and all works great again!!!! applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

Thank all for your help  Hail Hail

Another one solved
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »

I so happy you got your game up and running again!  applause
Looks like you had a corrupted ram chip....the clear chip wiped it out to start fresh!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.