Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 04:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Wheel & knife sizes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wheel & knife sizes  (Read 4009 times)
BCD
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 27

« on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »

Can anyone point me to a website, or previous post, that lists the dimensions of IGT S2000 pin wheels, shelf wheels, and hopper knives?

I've prowled the web and can only deduce there are five or six shelf wheel sizes based on various sellers' inventory listings.  As for pin wheels it would seem there should be one diameter wheel but different number of pins based on the denomination of coin.  But that is only a wild guess of mine.  Anyhoo, are there different size pin wheels or do they have differing #'s of pins?

Coin knives seem to be listed as "small coin" and "large coin" without any physical measurements.

I have four different shelf wheels but am not sure what denomination coin(s) they are meant for  Scratch Head.  They are:
   5 3/8" Diameter (dollar size maybe)
   5 5/8"      "     Part# 57505506C as of 7/93
   5 3/4"     "     Part# 57505503C as of 5/02
   5 13/16" - 5 7/8" Diameter (dime or penny maybe)

I have a coin knife that measures 5 1/8" end-to-end with the tallest measurement (height coin would be lifted off shelf wheel) being 17/32".  I'd like to find out if this is a small coin or large coin knife.

Thanks in advance for any help!     
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »

I don't know the specs but generally, the largest wheel  shelf would be for smaller coins -
while the smaller wheel shelves would be for larger tokens.
Find the biggest knife you can get so the smallest coins will get pushed up
into the hopper optics and be counted.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »

the 5-3/8 wheel is for a U.S. Quarter.  so measure the coin you want to use and add or subtract that from the 5- 3/8. that leaves about 1/16 inch from the edge of the coin to the outer dimension of the pin wheels.

have only seen pin wheels for nickels, quarter or dollars and larger type tokens.  each pin wheel has a number of tips, that number usually corresponds to the type coin. nickel has the most, quarter has a few less , dollars have less and so on.

only know of two type of knives. small coin handles small coins e.g. dimes, nickels, quarter, fifty cent, and SBA's.  large coin does the IKES, etc. and larger type tokens.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »

This probably won't help much, but here are a few pinwheels I had. The front one is for dollars and the rear ones are for quarters. But the back two have different types of 'pins'.

Click on picture to enlarge

* pinwheels.jpg (213.77 KB, 446x550 - viewed 291 times.)
BCD
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

:3-YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!

Bunker - Good advice on the knife size.  I'm gonna play with the knife and shelf wheels I have tonight to see how high the pennies go into the optics sensor.

Jim - The diameter of your quarter wheel is exactly what I was looking for.  Now I have a benchmark.

poppo - Your picture helped more than you realize.  I counted the little nubbers (tech talk) I can see on your back wheel, it looks like there might be 14, which is how many mine has.  If there are 14 on yours then I know my wheel is a quarter wheel.

NLG experts come through again!

Thanks.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:53:02 AM »

... I counted the little nubbers (tech talk)...

I call them "Stamped Nipples"...uh...tech talk.... rotflmao
BCD
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »

OUCH!   bawling
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »

:3-YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!

Bunker - Good advice on the knife size.  I'm gonna play with the knife and shelf wheels I have tonight to see how high the pennies go into the optics sensor.

Thanks.

Will an IGT reliably run on pennies?  I know i heard dimes are a bad idea.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

Dimes and pennies have a tendency to slip under and force the knife out away
from the pinwheel facial wall and cause jams.
Nickels, quarters and large tokens are really the best coins to use because they are thicker
and have much less chance of getting under the knife.

However, BCD is trying to sort out pennies so we're trying to help him with this.
If he makes sure that he has the knife supported with a knife stiffener plate,
then he should not have so many jams provided he doesn't put
sharp-edged pennies into the hopper.

It may not be possible to find those abnormal coins
before he dumps them into the hopper though - he has too many.
Jams are probably going to happen - that's pretty much inevitable...
I just hope he doesn't have too many jams and doesn't get
frustrated with the sorting project.
BCD
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »

Bunker, you touched on a mild annoyance.  Very infrequently a penny will slide under the knife.  So far my remedy has been to lightly press the knife against the pin wheel, getting rid of the problem.  I have an idea for an easily Rubed pressure wing bolt to replace my finger against the knife.  That's #3 on the list of "refinements."  BUT, you mentioned a knife stiffener plate.  I Googled it and got 0 hits.  I found metal knives but no plate.  Can you point me in the direction of one of these plates?  Does anyone use metal knives.

BTW, frustration and Rubing go hand-in-hand.  Giving up on the sorting project ain't gonna happen as I have gotten it to the point, WITH HELP FROM MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM, where I can sort at a rate of 300+ coins/per minute.  That matches, or exceeds, the commercial alloy comparing sorters on the market.  Now, I'm playing with bells and whistles.  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but persistence is one of the quirks I have...QUIT!?!?  No way!

FYI, here's a link for anyone looking to repair small electric circuits; http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Conductive-Glue-and-Glue-a-Circuit/?ALLSTEPS . An excellent example is a Ruber attempting to solder a hand held calculator circuit board that doesn't want to be soldered Cry Laughing Silly Me!.  Making a coin counter out of a calculator ain't as easy as it looks.  Anyhoo, back to the workbench this afternoon.   
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »

Suzo-Happs thinks they're made out of silver I guess...  frying pan
not only that...they have a photo of it backwards actually.
Unless you like looking at hoppers upside down... rotflmao
I'm pretty sure you can fashion one out of thin plate steel
and a good drill bit...LOL 
It pretty much bolts right on over the knife to help hold it against the pinwheel and also helps guides coins out instead of them falling off of the knife and back into the hopper. >>>

http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming/gaming_parts/70061900.htm

* coin guide and knife stiffener.png (22.02 KB, 388x167 - viewed 236 times.)
BCD
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »

Hey Bunker,

Thanks for the pic.   :25-Yup, I've got one of them things.  Now I know what it's called. 

I fashioned an agitator, stirrer, whatever moniker you want to hang on it.  Definitely not a star but it works. 

Now, just waiting for the slow boat from Hong Kong with my counters.  Once we get to countin', the Rube gizmo should be pretty much done.  Then the REAL fun begins..."Alright it's workin' now let's see how fast we can screw it up with bells & buzzers!"

Again Bunker, thanks for the picture and all of your help.   

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.