Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  I've had it a month and...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've had it a month and...  (Read 2375 times)
electricdutchman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

don't let 'em fool ya or even try to school 'ya

« on: December 29, 2013, 07:45:37 PM »

ok, so i've had my machine a month and i want to make some changes. i'd like to buy parts and chips from guys on here but i'm not sure what i need. first, i'd like to tokenize my machine for .25 cent size tokens. (i don't have the hopper or anything else). second, i'd like to get my ticket printer working, then i'd like to add the touch pad to change the denomination, i'd like to install a conversion kit, and finally add a topper. i've seen some parts on ebay but i don't know what to buy or who to buy from. i've read some posts on here about some less than scrupulous characters and i'd like to stay away from them. i've got a standard (not round) igt s2000 double diamond three reel five line machine. i've already changed the five line stepper lights to led so i'm completely incompetent. if anyone can point me in the right direction, to someone with good prices, a good selection, and who is trustworthy, i would appreciate it. i know i've got some work ahead of me and i'd like to learn all that i can so i can do it myself so any help is appreciated. thanks.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »

Hi there! Sounds like you have a few projects ahead of you! Some of which will be more challenging than others. If you are up to the challenge then you may have some reading to do first (just search any of the items you listed). I must strongly suggest you try the additions/upgrades one at a time, otherwise, things could get messy...really messy,more like, ugly....really...

Maybe start with getting your printer enabled and functioning (which begs the question, how are you cashing out currently?). Then I would suggest you move to the topper. Then add the coin-in equipment and operation, then finally to multi-denom.

If you'd like to add coin-in to your machine, then you will need a coin head, coin comparitor (complete with harness and bracket), coin chute (if not in machine already), and a hopper. You will also need tomClear and Key the machine, which will require Clear and Key chips, and instructions.

If you'd like to change your game to multi-denom, you will need the appropriate door harness/wiring, a Version chip ending in GX1, multi-denom display with TouchCell for changing denoms. Again, you will need to Clear and Key the machine, so Clear and Key chips are required here as well.

If you'd like to add a topper, you will need a topper! That's the easiest of your requests! Wiring is already there! Good news, no Clear or Key required!

Let me warn you though, Clearing and Keying a machine involves setting up all the parameters of your machine, or it will not function the way you want it to, or maybe at all.

Adding coin-in with multi-denomination can get ugly...you must keep in mind, how will a machine that takes "quarter" tokens, pay out 1c, 2c, 5c pays upon cashing out? Via the printer, that's how! So, you must get your printer enabled and working, BEFORE adding the multi-denom capabilities. Typically, a multi-denom coin/token machine would be set-up to accept and pay out in the lowest denom (I.e. 25c), and have denominations incrementing up from there (50c, $1.00, $2.00, $5.00).

Please do not try all of this at once, or you will be blowing up our forums and pulling your hair out, SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!!!! Wed love to help you, and we will, but meanwhile, we want you to enjoy the journey and not take a hammer to your machine! Baby steps...you can do it all, but it will take a heck of a lot more than replacing light bulbs did, just saying....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:43:22 AM by CVslots » Logged

therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »

The title you have is a good one. igt s2000 double diamond 3 reel 5 line machine. 5 lines are not real easy to get. If your % is low you can change it. I think you need a key chip for that.
electricdutchman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

don't let 'em fool ya or even try to school 'ya

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:25:32 PM »

ok, cvslots. so how do i hook up the printer? (right now i have no way to payout so i leave my machine on all the time). do i need chips? can i get them from you? let me know...i'm chomping at the bit. oh and yes, therockinelvis, my payout percentage does seem to be low. i'd like to get the chips to change that too, but i think that may be aways down the road. but, if you could let me know which chips, i can start checking ebay for them or buy them from someone here if they're available.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »

First part of your question, you will be safe to buy from any of the vendors that have a banner ad on the home page. Another guy  that has been helping us for years http://rudysdeals.com/
and don't forget slots4home, Darrell will also take care of you.

your going to need a Key 31 and a clear 97 (chips.) If you feel like taking a ride up here I have everything that Roz listed except for a Topper. I don't do toppers. If you have a way to transport the machine it would be best to bring it, what you have listed will take a hour or less.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.