Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to change S2000 Double Diamond software
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to change S2000 Double Diamond software  (Read 10770 times)
2ltime985
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: January 06, 2014, 12:17:33 AM »

Can anyone help in directions how to change a 2 coin 1 payline S2000 Double diamond slot to a 5 line 5 coin 3X4X5X Times Pay.  I am comfortable installing the award, belly and reel glasses and also the different reel strips but how do you start to change the software.  I do have the stepper, clear and key chips ready.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »

Ok, In a (big) nutshell, you will install your new SG chips along with the Clear chip on your board and re-install it. You will get some errors at first, at which you turn the Jackpot key and follow instructions for a general Clear. Then you will swap your Clear chip for the new SB chip, power on, amber lights, then power off, install Key Chip, power off, install new SB, and follow general Key chip procedures to set the machine up based on your new game configuration.

I would suggest researching the Clear and Key chip instructions first. If you don't, you will be left with a non-functional game and pulling your hair out. All of the settings need to be set at ONE time, and you only get one shot, OR you must repeat the entire process....I've heard of people having to do the process 8-10 times before getting it right, so it is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared!

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:50:41 AM »

You shouldn't need to do a clear though, just swap out the sb chip, clear the error and you should be good to go.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Oh OK, I wasn't sure if the Clear would be necessary or not, when going from a single line to a 5 line game, and then depending on what denom he opts for.

2ltime985

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »

It is a multi demo game set up.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »

You do not necessarily have to setup the multi-denom part, the game will play just as well as a single denom game.  In fact, if you just replace the SB chip, all the settings from before will be intact, including the current game denom.  If you want to setup multi-denom, you need to verify a few things before you do.

1. What is the current accounting denomination.
2. Is your current player display panel configured properly for a multi-denom touch sensor?
3. Does your new kit include the multi-denom touch panel or are you going to install a button to change denomination?

The current accounting denomination is important because, unless you clear, your denoms have to be a multiple of that denomination.  So if the accounting denom is a nickel, you can't have penny or 2 cent denom, it must be nickel and a multiple of it.  It is important to note that the accounting denomination is not the same as the game denomination, but on single line games it is typically the same.

You must have a display panel with the newer LED denom backlight in order to use the touchpanel, if you don't then you need to install a button under the max bet button (there's typically a blank space with a cover there and the harness has an empty player button swith to connect it).

Unless you want to change the accounting denom, you SHOULD NOT use a clear chip, it will make your life a LOT easier to just use the current accounting denom.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
2ltime985

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »

So that I do not mess this up, install sb chip, clear codes and everything should play properly?   No clear or set chips needed?  Then the second half of the question is The game already is a multi demo game with the button to change it so will that change to  a single?
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »

Yes, all I do is change my SB chip, clear all the errors, and away you go.  Sometimes you have to turn on your enhanced sound in the multimedia sound menu, as some games default back to Legacy sound.  On my multi denoms, the settings have always transferred to the new game.  heck, even using bettor TITO, the settings go to the next game, so no having to program that back in either. 
2ltime985

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »

I installed the new game kit and it came up the error messages... CLOSURE M and INCOMPATABLE DSV/SOUND DEVICE.  Please help!  I am a novice at this so step by step if it is possible
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »

The closure M just means you closed the main door, play a game and it should go away.  Which DSV do you have in  your MMlite card?

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
2ltime985

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »

dsv00024
2ltime985

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 10:58:36 PM »

the error code is preventing me from playing a game.  call attendant is on and the top light is flashing
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »

I believe this game has legacy sounds and uses a dsv00042.  I am trying  to find my list to confirm this.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
2ltime985

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:04 PM »

Can anyone confirm this?  Do I need a different DSV card get this game to run properly?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 11:53:32 PM »

You can take the MM2 board off, and the game should run with legacy sounds.

2ltime985

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:53 PM »

What is the mm2 board?
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »

Sorry bout that, the MM2 board is the little daughter board on your big MPU board.  There may be a couple of screws holding it down, but it pulls straight off.
Its the board that your DSV plugs in to.

2ltime985

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »

I removed it, reinstalled, started up  and the same error codes came up.  Any other thoughts? Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:15:34 AM by 2ltime985 » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 01:15:06 AM »

Try opening and closing the main door latch 2 or 3 times

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
2ltime985

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »

Did that per your suggestion and the same codes.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:53 AM »

Are you sure your getting the latch completely to the bottom each time ?  Did you remove the MM II board or just the simm ?? I would remove the board. Do this power off and then power on, if you still have simm error open and close door latch a few times.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »

I'm going way back in the gray matter and as I recall there is something phony about getting enhanced sounds on a 2X3X4 pay machine. Someone years ago, I think it was Railroad sent me the base chip for this game and I tried every simm I had and about all the sounds I could get were Legacy sounds.

2ltime985

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 01:49:07 AM »

I would settle for that.  How do I get just legacy sound then?  I did remove the whole "daughter board" not just the simm and I did make sure the latch was worked open and closed severl times completely.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:34 AM »

Here is what I just did, I removed a 16 MEG dsv042 from a machine and replaced it with a 8 MEG DSV 024, machine booted up and I got a "INCOMPATABLE DSV/SOUND DEVICE" error. Replaced the DSV024 with the DSV 042 Powered on the machine and let the machine boot up with the main door open. Simm error came up, closed the door and error cleared.

I hate to say this but it looks like your having door optic problems and the machine isn't seeing that your opening and closing the door.

Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »

I agree with Buzz, I think your door optics are screwed up.  Do a search on here about testing them, you can usually see the (invisible)  light put out by the optics
with a digital camera.  The optics are easy to replace.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.