Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to change S2000 Double Diamond software
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to change S2000 Double Diamond software  (Read 10769 times)
2ltime985
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:29 PM »

I did a quick search and did not find the test procedure on how to test the door optics.  Can someone help?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:48:02 PM by 2ltime985 » Logged
2ltime985

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »

I'm confused.  If you removed the DSV42 and installed a DSV24 and the sound error message came up, then you reinstalled the DSV42 and the message cleared, would that not mean that the DSV24 in not compatable and I need a DSV42 to play the game?  Why would that be the door optics?  More food for thought.  I reinstalled the Double Diamond chip and no error codes came up.  I installed a $5.00 bill and played the game with no problems.  I reinstalled the 3x4x5x chip and it came up with the same sound error codes. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:34:10 PM by 2ltime985 » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »

Let me see if I can shed some light of this.  Yesterday when I removed the DSV42 and installed a DSV24, I did that just to produce the same error you have and to make sure the method I was telling you to use to clear your error was the correct way to clear the error. Because I used a 42 and a 24 has nothing to do with the simm you need for your machine, it does mean that I need a DSV42 for my Top Dollar machine.

S  2000 machine will clear one error and only one error at a time each time the door is opened and closed. A couple of times here I've ask you to open and close the door latch a few times, this was to clear any errors you have. So for your error hasn't cleared, WHY, this brings us to the door optics. If the optics are not working the machine isn't seeing that the door has been opened and closed. ( You don't have to actually swing the door open )( Unless someone bypassed the optics and using a cherry switch)

This hasn't been ask but was this machine playing just fine before you changed the kit ??  If yes then take a real good look at the door optic, maybe you broke one of the wires when you changed the reel glass. Just in case someone changed from optics to a cherry switch, turn the power on and over by the BV you will see a white button, looks a whole lot like a door bell button, push the button wait a couple of seconds and let it out, do this 2 or 3 times.  Did the error clear ?? If not we had you remove the MM II sound board, you didn't by chance put it back on did you ? ( we don't want it to be installed )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
2ltime985

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »

I really appreciate your help.  The game was playing just fine before I installed the new game kit.  When I installed the game back to the original this morning, there is no problem with the door optics.  It plays just fine again.  That is the reason I asked do I need a DSV00042 for this 3x4x5x game because the Double Diamond continues to play just fine with the DSV00024.  No closure M problem.  No incompatable DSV/sound card.
2ltime985

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »

Buzz,  You are a super genius.  I did a quick scan of the door optic wires and saw nothing broken. I then did a wiggle test to make sure everything was seated prperly and the codes reset and the machine is now playing.  Thanks for all your help.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

Your Welcome

Now there is no reason you can't use your new game now that you know the trick about your door optic. I would suggest that if you install the new game, remove the DSV24 before you turn power on and that way it will not go to a simm error.

The very little I know about sound simms is they are two sizes a 8 MEG and a 16 MEG. The DSV24 you have is a 8 MEG and the DSV42 you might need is a 16 MEG. Most times if not always if you install a 8 MEG with a game that requires a 18 MEG your going to get a error. Now take your new game, were pretty sure you need a 16 MEG simm, but IGT made a whole boat load of different 16 MEG simms and just about everyone of them will work with your game and all will have different sounds. I don't know if there is a complete list of which simm goes to which game, if there is I don't have one.

I think your Double 3X4X5 Diamond is using a SB101140  Base chip, sorry I don't have that one  or I would put it in a machine and try different simms and try to find one that has decent sounds. If you want to try a DSV42 I can send you one to try, but it's a crap shoot if it's the best one, but I'm pretty sure a 42 will be better than nothing ( By the way a DSV42 is the most used sound simm in the S 2000 platform )

2ltime985

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »

I would like that.  If it works, how much would you want for it?  If you are serious i"ll send you my address.  You tell me how I can pay you for the shipping.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »

I don't make a offer unless I'm serious. I may post a lot of BS but a offer is a offer. PM me your address and it will be in tomorrows mail. We can get in a pissing match over shipping if it works for you.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:01:17 AM by Buzz » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.