Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  502 board issue, won't show that main door is closed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 502 board issue, won't show that main door is closed  (Read 3982 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »

I think i remember a thread where someone said that corrosion near the green battery could case the machine to give a door open mb error even though the door s closed and the optics were working fine. I believe it had something to do with the circuit around the area of the green battery. Well one of my machines that had been working just fine gave me this error today so I tried the board in another working machine and had the same issue, (door not showing closed) I took it back out and inspected the area around the green battery and there is a little corrosion around the battery, I will include a picture. Is there a way to repair this or will I need to replace a component on the board itself?

Thanks,

David

* 502 board issue.jpg (138.81 KB, 640x480 - viewed 205 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

I think i remember a thread where someone said that corrosion near the green battery could case the machine to give a door open mb error even though the door s closed

wtf1 David there has been enough posts on this subject to fill a book. Now many years have we been recommending to  remove the Green battery as it isn't used for home use.

If corrosion is what is causing your error the only two ways I know of to fix it is repair the trace maybe traces, or replace the board.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:53:55 PM »

Jumper wires soldered across the bad spots on the damaged trace(s). Easiest way is from the closest soldered on component on either side of the problem area
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »

Thank you cowboy, I will have to get a magnifying glass to inspect it more closely, my eyes ain't what they used to be, lol.
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »

David, If you figure it out. Show how you jump the trace. I have 2 boards like this. I don't have a clue where to jump from and to. Maybe our good buddy Cowboy has a picture of the way to repair.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »

I don't have pics, but I will say this repair isn't for the timid. The traces are very narrow and a few of the "nearest" components aren't very near. Another option is to carefully scrape the top of the trace clean on either side of the bad spot, place a bead of solder on it and then use a very fine piece of pre-tinned wire across the bad spot. Again, not easy for someone who solders often and rather difficult for a novice. Sorry if I indicated in any way earlier that this might be a piece of cake type repair
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »

Thanks Cowboy, I know it is difficult. I have no clue what to jump from and to. With a bad board, if I got lucky and fixed it great. If not, I am no worse off.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »

If you've got the eyes and steady hand it's a doable repair. The wire we used to use was about a 36g if that tells ya anything
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »

I used a wire brush with vinegar to clean around the area of the green battery and followed that up with cleaning the area with some alcohol. Let it dry thoroughly and installed it back into the game and it works fine now Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.