Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S 2000 does not play
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S 2000 does not play  (Read 6676 times)
slotmani
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »

this is my first s2000 ,I have never worked on one before. I have worked on the S+ machines and find them easy to repair but have no glue on the s 2000. My machine does not play? When you put it on no displays nothing except on the cpu, the top two yellow lights flash the next two yellow lights stay on , the green stays on and the bottom red flashes where do I start to try and repair this machine? Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:55:08 PM »

Does it also say "displays link in down" on the front display?
slotmani

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »

I see nothing like that , where would that be? There are no displays at all?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:02:09 PM »

You may have a bad power supply, (the one behind the reels) or you could just have a defective CPU. Where are you located, perhaps another member will be willing to have you bring it to them for a diagnosis.
slotmani

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

I am in Ma. is there any way to check the power supply or the cpu ?
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »

If you just got it, it might just need the power supply seated. Turn power off and remove the reels, then you will see the power supply on back of machine. see if it slides to the right. I had one missing the screw and it slid away
slotmani

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:09:58 PM »

OK Thanks, I will try that in the morning, THANKS  again
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »

With it turned off make sure the MPU is seated snuggly also and for good measure check all boards to make sure nothing wiggled loose
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:35 AM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=1988.msg14955#msg14955

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 01:13:02 AM »

When you turn the machine on, do the reels feel "stiff" when you try to move them by hand?  Compare them to how they feel when the machine is off, any difference?

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 03:08:30 AM »

Oh, but lets not forget the candle! Oh crap, the light is flashing!

C'mon guys, he obviously is not in front of the imachine, so why are we suggesting all of thse things? No offense, SLOTMANI: But when you get back to the machine, let us know what it says in the blue VFD display to the lower left of the reels...THEN we can and WILL help ya out!

Sorry guys, but WTF are we doing here? If we just want it throw fixes at a a machine for which we do not actually know the symptoms for, well, I've got a few dozen for you to start with....."I haven't plugged it in yet, but I think...." Oh wait, Lemme guess, reseat the MPU, reseat the power supply, and oh, lets not forgot to reseat the chips! Oh,and good god, don't forget to check the battery!!!! Duh! Duh! Duh!

I'm sorry, but you're throwing fixes at a machine we do not even know is broke? There is a display for a reason...why dont we see what it ACTUALLY says.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:13:50 AM by CVslots » Logged

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

he says there are no displays showing  Silly Me! 1st thing to asked is did it ever work? might be missing program chips also
Oh, but lets not forget the candle! Oh crap, the light is flashing!

C'mon guys, he obviously is not in front of the imachine, so why are we suggesting all of thse things? No offense, SLOTMANI: But when you get back to the machine, let us know what it says in the blue VFD display to the lower left of the reels...THEN we can and WILL help ya out!

Sorry guys, but WTF are we doing here? If we just want it throw fixes at a a machine for which we do not actually know the symptoms for, well, I've got a few dozen for you to start with....."I haven't plugged it in yet, but I think...." Oh wait, Lemme guess, reseat the MPU, reseat the power supply, and oh, lets not forgot to reseat the chips! Oh,and good god, don't forget to check the battery!!!! Duh! Duh! Duh!

I'm sorry, but you're throwing fixes at a machine we do not even know is broke? There is a display for a reason...why dont we see what it ACTUALLY says.
slotmani

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »

The blue display shows nothing, the candles are not lit, and the reels do not lock up when powered up , all connections seem good. The fluorescent lights light up and the led's on the cpu lite the top two and the bottom one flash ??
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »

did it ever work? did you just buy it?  if so did seller say it worked?
slotmani

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »

The seller said it worked that morning ? I kind of believe him but ?  he did by pass the door optics as one is missing and I am not really sure how to check the wiring there. That could be the problem ?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

A dead machine isn't commonly a door optic issue. Sounds more like you have a short or loose connection somewhere keeping the machine from booting up. Unfortunately, anyone can say anything they want about how well something works, but if you aren't there to witness it then it didn't happen. I think you really need to check all boards and plugs to make sure nothing came loose during transport. Also look for anything that may have bounced around inside and got stuck somewhere it shouldn't have. If it has coin handling and was transported on it's back something could have gotten behind the motherboard. All kinds of possibilities at this point
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »

I think if door optics were bad you would see  door open on display  , we have had a run on power supplys going bad  do to cold  machines
slotmani

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »

Thanks I will keep looking
slotmani

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »

Are there test points to check on the power supply?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.