Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Igt S2000 coin in problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Igt S2000 coin in problem  (Read 3711 times)
thatsnotgood
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 31, 2014, 01:34:10 AM »

Hi I have a igt s2000 that I am wanting to use with some tokens I have some assorted tokens and I have found out that the only tokens it would accept are the same type and shade as the one in the comparator they do make it through the comparator but don't work through the second optical eye in the machine. I have adjusted the sensitivity on the CC but I still cant use any but the same type and sometimes even those don't get accepted. Is there a way to fix this or is it something I just have to deal with.
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »

The coin comparator is there to compare coins.  If they don't match the material of the one in the comparator they will always reject.
thatsnotgood

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:22:06 AM »

so the coins must be the same size and material for them to work properly.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »

Yep, hence the name "coin comparitor"....sorry, couldn't resist!  rotflmao

You're on the right track. There are some fairly cheap tokens out there of you need a couple hundred of the same size/type/weight/metal.   yes

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:31:16 AM »

That is correct. If you don't have enough of one type to suit your needs I would suggest talking to Ben at Fannini Slots and just buying the number of tokens you need and have them all the same. Ben's taken good care of me on token purchases in the past
thatsnotgood

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:35:37 AM »

Ok well thank you I have some other machines that use the same tokens and don't have an issue so I just ordered 1000 tokens that are all the same. I just got confused because the ones I have are all the same some are just highly polished and some are dull so I figured they would work out. Thanks for all of the help guys.
thatsnotgood

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 02:47:54 AM »

I have one other question on the second optical sensor below the comparitor there is a little white button what is its purpose. Also is there a glossary of terms and explanations I am wondering what a few things are/do like key chips and stuff.
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:39 AM »

The white button really is useless on an s2000.  It is a pseudo coin button that was used on s+ machines, but just gives an error on s2000 machines.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:01 AM »

Hold on, what I thought I read was, all the coins/tokens are going to the hopper, but all are not being counted  Scratch Head Scratch Head 

I  think if the above is correct.  I would start out by cleaning the coin optics and check if you have the correct encoder ( shim ) in the coin optics. It's a black piece of plastic in the lower part that forces the coin to pass in front of the optics.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rjpohl
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »

You can block the rake open on the back of the coin comparitor, this will allow you to use different type tokens.  They will "all" make it through the coin-in optics and to the hopper.  No coins will be diverted to the tray since.  I really don't suggest this since any coin/token will be accepted that fits through the coin head and optics.  Alows you to use mixed tokens but will also lead to problems with hopper jams.  If you're the only playing the machine this may not be a issue.
Bob

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.