Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 - Backlit Reels Option?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 - Backlit Reels Option?  (Read 6579 times)
jprocell
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:00:33 PM »

I recently acquired an IGT S2000 slant top machine with top bonus vision LCD.  The machine works fine though it does not have backlit reels.  However, the strips currently on the standard reels in the machine are the backlit type (black backing).  Can anyone tell me if I purchase backlit reels will they work with my machine, or do I need to check for other hardware?  Any help anyone could give me regarding making my machine work backlit would be greatly appreciated.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

Usually, you wil have to get the backlit contoller board/plate, the harness from I/O to contoller board and then a new harness from the controller card to reels. Also be aware that not many Vision games support backlit reels that I know of, maybe someone else can give a more definitive answer on that. There are some Vision games that use reel strips from standard games, so they may have just used backlit strips in the game even though the Vision game may not support them.

Dan (tacman)

jprocell
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »

Can anyone tell me what I would need to purchase/replace to make make my S2000 vision machine have back-lit reels (in additon to the reels themselves)?  If this is possible, any leads on who might have the parts to sell me for the conversion?
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »

Can anyone tell me what I would need to purchase/replace to make make my S2000 vision machine have back-lit reels (in additon to the reels themselves)?  If this is possible, any leads on who might have the parts to sell me for the conversion?

Other than the reels and reel strips you need to replace the reel harness with a backlit version, a controller, a harness to connect the controller to the cabinet I/O and a power harness to power up the controller.  You can purchase the parts from one of the vendors that help support this web site at the top of this screen.

Also be aware that many of the Vision titles do not support backlit reels so if your intent is to do that you may want to do some research first.
Flexpipe
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

Good Point,  anyone know if the Munsters Vision Theme will support the Backlit reels?  Did not mean to hijack the post, just thought might be a good place to jump in and check.

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »

Good Point,  anyone know if the Munsters Vision Theme will support the Backlit reels?  Did not mean to hijack the post, just thought might be a good place to jump in and check.

I played Musnters Vision in Atlantic City and it does support backlit reels.
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

Hey there flexpipe, I like you Avatar.....sell it to me.....looks better than mine bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
Flexpipe
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 10:06:50 PM »

Thanks for the info on the Munsters, now will have to gather up all the parts to make it  happen. Has the backcaoated strips, so, I assumed that it could support backlit reels, but, was not sure.

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
jprocell
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

It looks like we have two buyers for the parts needed to convert Munsters to a backlit machine...anyone know which vendors who support this website might have all the parts for purchase?
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

You have Jim at BlueridgeSlots, Brian at RockyMountain Slots and Dave AKA Slotmaster you can contact. Hope this helps!

Dan (tacman)

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 06:07:14 PM »

Thanks for the info on the Munsters, now will have to gather up all the parts to make it  happen. Has the backcaoated strips, so, I assumed that it could support backlit reels, but, was not sure.
Just make sure on the Vision it has a power connector, if you have a pre 2000 game you will have to add power as those games were not equipped with the power connector like the 2000 and up games, we make a harness off the printer connection of the motherboard, also make sure to ask about the condition of the reel baskets, as they are junk new

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
rjpohl
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »

Jim,  when you said to make sure it has a power connector are you talking about a connector from the power supply?  Also there is a board with 4 connectors, 1 connector runs to the reel harness, 1 connector runs to the i/o board and the 3rd (the 6 pin connector) I believe should be ran to the power supply.  Is the 4th connector needed? 

thanks
Bob

PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 01:33:37 AM »

The pwr supply harness/connector runs from the lower cab. pwr supply and plugs into the back-lit controller board.  The back lit board will have three conectors plugged to it. 1-to cab i/o, 1-from pwr supply 6-pin with only 4 wires present/used,and one from reel harness . Black, Orange,Red and black/orange tracer is your pwr supply wires from pwr supply to back-lit board-6-pin/4-wire.  Thanks B.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 02:06:10 AM »

On the 3 reel controller, there is an open molex connector, what the earlier part of this thread was talking about was pre -2000 Visions and Vision Ready's (no ear speakers) did not have the 6 pin power connector off the power supply harness, this was a S-2000 change, but it is still possible to install the backlit reels in the older Vision cabinets with some power tapped off other sources

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:16 AM »

Jim, I get what you are saying.  I thought he had the 6-pin pwr connector.  I understand now that you are suggesting a alternate pwr-up for him now.  That or sell him a s-2000 harness which I know you have had in the past.  Thanks B. I am going to bed now it's cold and I am way to tired to stay up as duty calls.  Thanks again. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.