Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 10:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT S2000 Slot Will not take Bills """ Fixed"""
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S2000 Slot Will not take Bills """ Fixed"""  (Read 7422 times)
timbo1961
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »

I just purchased a IGT Triple Double RWB, and need some Help figuring out a few problems , First let me say I know little about these but I am a good listener so as long as someone is willing to shoot me some ideas I can probably fix it.
one Problem I'm having is when i play using tokens or quarters they fall into the wrong area, shouldn't they be going into the hopper, i can see where there is a flapper that diverts then two different places but for some reason it seems like relay or plunger isn't being activated ( just a guess ).
And my other problem is when I power on the machine I can hear the bill validater running and see a red lite on, but when I try to insert a bill it does nothing at all , i can see where there is a circuit board with two bulbs on it that attaches to the door where the bills would go through , but it seems as if that might be the problem because its not lit  ( just a guess ). the bulbs checked out good, connections good .  I have the key to rest machine but am afraid to do anything and mess things up. I'm not receiving any errors, is it possible its turned off, i see dip switches on the side but would rather not mess with things until i know more . The seller claimed it worked and I did find a few bills inside, all Ive done is before I transported it I removed the hopper, and coin tray laid it on its back & waited overnight before powering on because I was told the cold weather here in Chicago wouldn't be good for it. Thank you for Replying     
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:30:50 AM by timbo1961 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

Welcome to NLG, Timbo.

We'll get your problems solved -- you haven't posted anything that hasn't happened before, and they should be some pretty simple fixes.

First, your coin issue.  You're right, there's a diverter that is supposed to divert coins to the hopper, unless the hopper is full -- then it will divert them to the bottom of the machine (and into the base of the slot machine stand, if you have one).  With the machine powered off, make sure that your hopper is seated completely into the machine, and check the probe to make sure its connected firmly and the wiring to it is connected properly.  The probe is a piece of metal that is sticking into the hopper -- it detects when coins have reached its level, and at that time sends the signal to the machine to divert coins away from the hopper, until it isn't as full.  If the wiring is good, it is possible that the solenoid that controls the diverter flap is jammed or bad.  Also check the wiring going to that solenoid.

Second, it's possible that your bill validator isn't activated (and that the person you bought the machine from misled you).  It is possible for you to activate the validator, but you'll need a special chip to do so.  Let's check some basic stuff first:

- Is there a cash can firmly seated in its area below the validator?
- Is the door to the cash can firmly closed, causing the microswitch on the door to detect that the door is closed?
- Is the validator unit itself secured in its proper place, with its thumbscrews tightened down?

If your validator is ready to accept bills, the lights for the yellow bezel (on the door, right above the bill slot) should light up (barring burnt out bulbs).  Assuming that the bulbs and wiring are good, your machine will not accept bills unless that bezel is lit up.

If the above hasn't solved your issue, let's go into the machine's menus to see if the thing is actually enabled.

Open the door.  Press the white "self test" button (it's right next to the power switch) two or three times until you see a zero in the "Coins Played" window, and either a 2 or a 5 in the "Winner Paid" window.  Take that jackpot reset key that you have that you've been afraid to use and turn it a few times until you see a 9 in the Winner Paid window.  There will also be a zero or a 1 shown with that.  If it's zero, then your validator is NOT enabled and you'll need to get a chip to enable it (not too expensive).  If you see a 1 with the 9, then it IS enabled, and we have a different issue.

Please reply back and let us know what you find for both issues.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:28:23 PM »

Kevin, I would say it is a S-2000 and I bet it has a Mars Bv

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
timbo1961
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »

Sorry I forgot to Mention that Yes it is a S-2000, is there anything i should list ?
Model 96418800
YR-01-98
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »

Check the limits in the MACHINE OPTIONS menu and see if the hopper limits are set to ZERO.  Also go to the key chip menu and see if the machine is set to COINLESS.  That is usually the problem when coins get diverted in an S2000.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »

Was the coin in and hopper just added?

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
timbo1961
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 04:25:49 AM »

No, the hopper and coin in look original, as for checking the limits ,and key chip menu can you tell me how to find them? if i turn the reset key on side of cabnet my display only shows things like i/o test,game history, terminal accounting,pay back%, MTA .
I did recheck some things I couldn't find anything wrong with the connections too the hopper, and it was seated properly, but i did notice when machine is off the solenoid to diverter moves once powered on.
As for the validator, its secured ,cash can seated , door micro switch tied together (bypassed) but still no bezel lite, as for trying to look at the menu to see
if the bill validator is enabled , i cant seem to find that self test button possibly a different machine I will send Pictures.

* Picture 005.jpg (96.5 KB, 480x640 - viewed 452 times.)

* Picture 009.jpg (94.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 304 times.)

* Picture 011.jpg (96.4 KB, 640x480 - viewed 358 times.)

* Picture 012.jpg (97.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 308 times.)
timbo1961
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:29:46 AM »

One More

* Picture 010.jpg (96.83 KB, 640x480 - viewed 294 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 04:37:56 AM »

I may be wrong, but I see that there's an orange wire grounded to the top of your hopper handle.
That may explain why the coins are dropping into the drop hole instead of the hopper.
Remove that particular ground and I think your coins should be diverted into the hopper bowl.
That orange wire should be connected to a long bolt that runs into the hopper bowl.
ONLY when the bowl is FULL  and when the coins are touching that bolt - is when the diverter gets kicked powered up and diverts your coins away from the bowl and into the drop hole.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 04:44:29 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 04:45:04 AM »

i cant seem to find that self test button possibly a different machine I will send Pictures.

Hello!

You self test button is the little white stick I circled in red....

Dan #2

* Picture 011.jpg (56.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 294 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

timbo1961
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »

OK, I tryed moving the Ground wire to the hopper and that fixed my problem with the coins going to the drop box , Thank you for that information.
I have learned a little more about the Machine just by playing around once in the self test mode, I have a dot matrix display and scrolled thru till i found Option - bill acceptor - enable, once I did this it didn't make a difference still will not accept bills and the bezel above  bill slot doesn't light up (Bulbs good).
BV # WBA-12-SS Model, is there something else i need to do to enable this ? ( Chip ? ) is there a test to check the card/ lite bezel on the door? dip switches are all in the off position. Thanks Tim

* Picture 021.jpg (93.39 KB, 640x480 - viewed 320 times.)

* Picture 023.jpg (102.73 KB, 640x480 - viewed 300 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »

Kevin, I would say it is a S-2000 and I bet it has a Mars Bv

Scratch Head

From the theme.  Man, you're good Jim.   applause

Would a global moderator care to move this to the S2000 forum?   propeller
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:58:03 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
timbo1961
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »

yes
Problem Resolved, I Had to do a Auto Config
Self test button
4- I/O Test
Hit Spin Reel Switch
Auto config Netplex Device
Hit Spin Twice
Display shows Netplex in progress
Close Door
Bill Benzel lit up accepts dollars
Thanks Everyone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.