Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 10:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  5 Reel 9 line trouble
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reel 9 line trouble  (Read 14216 times)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« on: October 18, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »

I was cleaning up around my machines and moved my Triple Stars a few inches across the formica counter top.  Anyway after I moved it I got a "general reel tilt" and reels 2 thru 5 spun continuously.  I opened up the machine, turned it off then back on and now have the following problem.

VFD display advises "please wait testing memory"
after a while I hear a short little blip from the speaker and the VFD then shows "waiting for NETPLEX devices"
the bill validator cycles and all reels advance one space VFD advises "display passes self test"

then the cycle starts over again with the "please wait testing memory"

The reels appear to be misaligned, probably because I turned the machine off while they were spinning. Candle flashes slow on top and fast on bottom

I also tried turning the jackpot reset key for 5 seconds and held the test button on the tray for 5 seconds also.

Any ideas on what to try next?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U_sQ2uC4gE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_U_sQ2uC4gE&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:18:42 PM by cruisepl » Logged

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »

I would try pulling all the reels and reseating them along with the MPU.. obviously something jarred loose when you moved it.
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

I would try pulling all the reels and reseating them along with the MPU.. obviously something jarred loose when you moved it.

I pulled all reels and reseated those as well as all the chips,  the main board and the two in the door, checked all connections, and all wires and still cant figure out whats wrong. The only other thing I see is that after the reels advance the one space the line 5 bet window does not show 10 like the rest do.

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »

Perhaps an eprom chip leg got folded underneath the chip on top of the socket?
However, that wouldn't happen by moving your machine a few inches.
How about a loose I/O harness connector?
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

How about a loose I/O harness connector?

Pulled both IO boards and checked the wires and connections again.  Still stumped.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »

I wonder why the 1st reel didn't "spin continuously" when you got the error?
I'd start looking really close at the reel connections big time... Sherlock Smiley
Look for a loose Molex or broken common wire between the 5 reels.
Did you go into the reel tests? See if those are working right?
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »

I wonder why the 1st reel didn't "spin continuously" when you got the error?
I'd start looking really close at the reel connections big time... Sherlock Smiley
Look for a loose Molex or broken common wire between the 5 reels.
Did you go into the reel tests? See if those are working right?

I cant get the menu to come up to perform the reel test. I pulled the reels and IO boards again, checked the connectors and every wire going to the reels and IOs  and cant find a problem.  This time when I put everything back together the machine is frozen on the "please wait ...testing memory" message, both candle lamps lit as before, top slow  bottom fast then after about 20 seconds top goes out and bottom candle lamp is steady on.  Another thing I noticed is that when I turn the machine back on after checking everything it took four seconds for the flourescent lights to power on. I turned the machine off then on again to confirm I was not just seeing things.  Usually the lights come on right away dont they? Should I pull the board out of this machine and try to clear it?  I have a 00017. I also have another 5 reel 9 line machine but Im not sure if I should swap MPU trays and see what happens. I really dont want two machines down.  Last thing I noticed is that I have one green and two yellow lights constantly lit on the MPU tray. They dont change if Iturn the jackpot reset or if I hit the reset button on the MPU tray itself.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:43:08 PM by cruisepl » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »

Seems like things are slowly dying out.
It's sounding more and more like a power supply problem now really.
It won't hurt to swap the "bad" MPU into the known good machine -
providing the known good machine is a 5 reeler as well.
I'd try that to rule out "bad" MPU.
I would not put a known good MPU into the suspect machine with the failing power supplies.
That's where you might ruin a good MPU board.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »

Last resort?  Wipe and reload with a clear chip?  Perhaps something is corrupt in the memory.  That's probably where I'd go.

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »

Seems like things are slowly dying out.
It's sounding more and more like a power supply problem now really.
It won't hurt to swap the "bad" MPU into the known good machine -
providing the known good machine is a 5 reeler as well.
I'd try that to rule out "bad" MPU.
I would not put a known good MPU into the suspect machine with the failing power supplies.
That's where you might ruin a good MPU board.

Heres the latest and THANKS to Bunker I think I found the problem but please confirm my suspicions.

I took the MPU out of the problem machine (Triple Stars) and put it into a machine that is working fine (Triple Lucky 7s)  I turned on the 7s with the Stars MPU and got the "please wait ...testing memory" this stayed on for a few minutes so I put the 7s MPU back in the 7s machine and that machine is fine and working properly.  I put the Stars MPU back into the Stars machine and got the same "please wait ...testing memory" message.

My suspicions are that
1. there is a problem with the Triple Stars MPU and
2. the 4 second delay in starting up indicates the power supply is going bad or could this be a result of the bad MPU?

Am I correct on both accounts or is there something else I should try?

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »

We're still not certain of the power supplies are good or not just yet.
I'd Ram Clear the Triple Stars MPU and try it again. (As Yoeddy said)
The Ram could be corrupted and clearing would set things in order.
You may need to Key chip it to re- set your denom and other various settings.
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

We're still not certain of the power supplies are good or not just yet.
I'd Ram Clear the Triple Stars MPU and try it again. (As Yoeddy said)
The Ram could be corrupted and clearing would set things in order.
You may need to Key chip it to re- set your denom and other various settings.

I used my 00017  two farthest amber lights stayed on like they are supposed to, put the tray back in and its still testing memory.  How long do I need to leave the 00017 in?  I think I remember that if it wont clear the first time that I need to leave it 3 to 5 minutes is that right? 17 is the right chip?

Tried it again left the 00017 in for a while, put my base chip back in and still get the testing memory message.  There were credits on the machine so maybe the clear is not working because of that?  Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:48:19 PM by cruisepl » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »

"00017"...that should be your Key17 chip right?
If so, press the white test button for a few seconds then put back in the SB chip and go into your settings.

The "00017" is not really a "clear" chip so to speak...
it's a Key chip that allows you to get into the denom/ various settings of the options.

May I ask you - when you put the Triple Stars into the known good machine...
did you get past the "please wait ...testing memory" message?
Or did you just power down?
Sometimes it takes a good 5 minutes before the machine boots
into it maiden spin and allows you to drop a coin in.
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 05:01:01 PM »

"00017"...that should be your Key17 chip right?
If so, press the white test button for a few seconds then put back in the SB chip and go into your settings.

The "00017" is not really a "clear" chip so to speak...
it's a Key chip that allows you to get into the denom/ various settings of the options.

May I ask you - when you put the Triple Stars into the known good machine...
did you get past the "please wait ...testing memory" message?
Or did you just power down?
Sometimes it takes a good 5 minutes before the machine boots
into it maiden spin and allows you to drop a coin in.

Yes the 00017 as I call it is a Key17  Ill try it again since I did not press the white button at any time.
When I put the triple stars into the good machine I waited a few minutes before powering off and swapping the boards back.  I never got past the testing memory message.

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »

If you are using a key chip, you need NO credits on the machine or the key chip will not work.

Ron (r273)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »

If you are using a key chip, you need NO credits on the machine or the key chip will not work.

Ron (r273)

Heres the latest.   I tried the key17 again, there were credits on the machine but I cant do anything about that because I am still stuck on the testing memory message. I was hoping it would work but it didnt.  I pulled the MPU out of Trple Stars and put it into Triple Lucky 7s again.  After about ten minutes I was still stuck on the testing memory message on that machine. I put the 7s MPU back into the 7s machine and she fired up and was working fine within a couple minutes. I put the Triple Stars MPU back into the Triple Stars machine and have been stuck on the testing memory message on that machine for half an hour at least.

On the Stars MPU the lights at DS4, DS5 and DS6 are lit.  One green two yellow.  It still takes about 4 seconds for the power to come on after I press the switch.

Im starting to get frustrated and will have to stop for the night pretty soon. Im headed to one of the vendors in a few days to p[ick up a couiple new machines, I may have to put this one in the truck and see what he can do with it.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »

May need the nuclear power of the IVC0097 to wipe all.  That's what I used on my machine with my key chip per the following attached document...assuming the IVC0097 is compatible with your machine.  Buzz?

* IGT_S2000_Ram_Clear_and_Keychip_Setup.txt (6.34 KB - downloaded 116 times.)

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »

Ron (r273)

Ron you beat me to that one. But with credits it still should still say Key Chip Failed ( something like that)  
I would check the MPU for bent pins, check the MPU battery voltage, and reseat the power supply that's behind the reels. If all this fails to fix the problem, unplug and replug each and every molex going to the mother board.
If you don't have a clear chip, you better get one ordered. With at least two S 2000 your going to need one sooner are later ( I think sooner ) Like right now.

Yes Jason a 97 is what he needs, but I have never used a Key 17. I started with my first S 2000 using a  Key 31 and it's always worked

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »

Ron (r273)

Ron you beat me to that one. But with credits it still should still say Key Chip Failed ( something like that) 
I would check the MPU for bent pins, check the MPU battery voltage, and reseat the power supply that's behind the reels. If all this fails to fix the problem, unplug and replug each and every molex going to the mother board.
If you don't have a clear chip, you better get one ordered. With at least two S 2000 your going to need one sooner are later ( I think sooner ) Like right now.

Yes Jason a 97 is what he needs, but I have never used a Key 17. I started with my first S 2000 using a  Key 31 and it's always worked

I never got any key chip failed message or anything like it in fact the two amber lights farthest from the button came on to verify it worked.
Checked the MPU and back pane as best I could
Checked all molex connectors

Like I said traveling later this week to pick up a couple machines, guess this ones going along for the ride.

Thanks for all the help and sugestions, Ill post an update when I get back

Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »

Have you tried a different game chip compatible the the SG chip?

Ron (r273)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »

Ron  He told me in a PM he doesn't have a clear chip. If he starts changing Base Chips I think he will run into problems.  ( with my luck I know I would ) 

Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »

Ron  Chris told me in a PM he doesn't have a clear chip. If he starts changing Base Chips I think he will run into problems.  ( with my luck I know I would ) 

OK makes sense. The "Key Chip Failed" does not always show up with credits on the machine as I found out yesterday when I used it.

Ron (273)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

Have you tried a different game chip compatible the the SG chip?

Ron (r273)

No I have not tried another chip,  Buzz suggested it so I did swap out power supplies between the two machines and the 4 second delay is now gone. The "please wait...testing memory" message still remains.

I now know I need to pick up a 97 chip, a power supply, and I guess Ill grab a MPU board while Im at it and see if that takes care of it.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

This won't fix your problem  most but not all machines, if you turn the power off and then right back on there will be a delay of about 4 seconds before the lights will come on.  The BV will cycle even if the MPU is not installed in the machine.

cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 07:34:27 PM »

This won't fix your problem  most but not all machines, if you turn the power off and then right back on there will be a delay of about 4 seconds before the lights will come on.  The BV will cycle even if the MPU is not installed in the machine.

I didnt know that, I turned the machine off and left it off a little while to see if the delay would still be there. Yep still there and still testing memory.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.