Coin and Token cleaning

(1/2) > >>

coorslight115:
For those of us that still use coins and or tokens in our machines, what do you reccommend for cleaning and keeping them shiny, a tumbler or what? I have about 10,000 to keep clean... :279-

FORDSBS:
I think there was a thread on here a long time ago about cleaning them but this old boy
 just doesn't remember what it was to clean them.
When your wife is away run them through the dish washer.

IFFV68:
Maybe a tumbler you would use to shine brass to be reloaded.
There are different cleaning stuff like crushed walnuts Etc.

I haven't re-loaded in quite awhile.

tkrozleski:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7387.0

Check this post. Great idea for cleaning. Video shows how well it works.

Simple Sam:
Although this post is a bit old, maybe somebody else will be able to benefit from my experience.  I had access to a vast quantity of coins that came out of a local fountain.  They were quite disgusting and had to be cleaned before we could turn them in to our bank.  What I used was a Thumler's tumbler (I reload so I had it around) and Lemishine.  Lemishine is citric acid crystals that you can get at Walmart; it's used as an additive for dishwashing so look for it in the dishwashing aisle.  Fill the tumbler about halfway with coins, throw in a teaspoon of lemishine, enough water to cover the coins, and tumble for a few hours.  The coins come out bright and shiny.  Heavily oxidized pennies come out looking like they were just minted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page