Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  809 new to me..where to start?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 809 new to me..where to start?  (Read 18422 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »

OldReno, if you go back and look at the pic in post #4, the Blue wire on the winner paid light looks dark like its been hot, the one just above the top molex plug.. They have black tape covering the socket too? I wonder if there was a problem at one time with that socket?? It also looks like the wires bundle where the door closes has been re-taped at sometime by the top door hinge. Could be covering up a repair or damage?

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
poof
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »

Thanks...i double checked that area, and do not see any discoloration, th e tape is on a metal part so the wires do not get sliced.  I guess i have to take the coils out of the door to test as jumpers dont seem to get to them so easily.  Its gotta be something small....everything looks like it should work, nothing looks rigged up, and the fuses are good and the power readings at the transformer are right on.  I ve got to be overlooking something.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »

Poof, you're going to find that working on them is much more fun than playing them.
So you have no coils at all activating when you push down on the coin in switch?
Once again, release your coin relay latch (left side of reel mech), push back in reels, and try the coin in switch again.
Also, try pulling out the top unit, and mechanically step up the odds disc.  Re-assemble, and try the coin in switch again. Just to see if it resets the odds.
Since you have your meter out, why not check the coin switch posts for continuity.  2 checks, norm open and norm closed side.
Eventually you're going to track this down, you know....
Yes, I'm having fun too.
Also, find a solid orange and a solid yellow on the door, and see if you read any voltages there.  Generally you can use yellow of coin in switch, and orange behind the coin acceptor (the lockout coil)  BTW, lockout should be on anytime you're in idle state.  Unless it's a dollar machine.
poof
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »

PROGRESS MADE......I gues i missed the coil latch on the side of the reels before.  Sorry.  So i reset the latch......jumped yellow from transformer to the coul behind the coin mech, and it engaged, while holding jumped power, i moved the coin in switch, and the upper lights moved and clicked all the way to 5 coins in,  then i could pull the handle and the reels did there deal.   I tried to jump the lower coin diverter coil with orange from trans and nothing happened (it has just orange a grey wires, as well as the coil by the door lock area).

I dont know what this means or proves, but it is going in the right direction....missing a yellow continuity somewhere??????
OldReno

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »

Be careful with those jumpers.  If you have 50V, then you don't need the orange wire poking around.
Check all your switches on the coin relay assembly, and then also on the handle release assembly.
Back later, day with my sweetie....
Be careful.  If you have 50V then you only need the yellow to engage the coils.  All switches come from yellow eventually, and you are just bypassing them with the yellow.  Find the bad switches, and clean and adjust them.
OldReno

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »

When you push down on the coin-in switch, it releases the coin relay assembly.  One of those assembly switches is normally open, and it goes to the handle release coil.  When you release the coin-in switch, it provides power through that coin relay switch (to the handle), and releases the handle.  (Also the odds reset at the same time)
That's how it works,
downstroke trips coin relay,
upstroke releases handle.
If you don't get coin relay to trip, you'll never get handle release.
Coin relay tripping also lights up the coin accepted light, so you can tell from outside the machine if it's tripped or not.
poof
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

no progress, have ordered the mead em book, waiting for its arrival to get this thing licked.  While waiting picked up an old rock ola juke box 1965, got it working already!
poof
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »

ok, I have the mead book.  Im not sure if it is helping any.  Kinda giving up, I dont know what to do next.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

OldReno is having trouble with his ISP, and hasn't been here. Hopefully he'll be back SOON.
HANG IN THERE. I'm having continued trouble with my exact same model: 809. I think both of us may be having multiple issues. The key is just making even a little progress. The other good thing is that once these beasts work, you keep playing with them and they'll go forever. I have a Bally 1114 and it's been working for well over 13 years now (two girlfriends ago!) and still going strong.
I'd recommend just reading through some of the operational information from the Mead book. Even if it isn't directly related there will be a point where things will start to "click." I'm still very frustrated with mine, which is having intermittent problems. I can't get it to "stay broken." Half the time, it pays out properly, then it overpays, then it underpays.
Try wine.  drinker
All kidding aside (which is hard for me to do sometimes) just throw a towel over it and read the book at your pace and just come back to it when you are ready. Mine has sat in the garage for a month now and I'm ready to get back to it soon.
Hope this helps and REALLY HOPE we hear from Craig soon!
OldReno

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »

Hi Poof,
somehow the internet is working again and I can log on NLG.
Ok, let's start over.
What is it doing?
What is it not doing.
Bring me up to speed.
poof
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »

Glad your back old reno!   I plug it in and it all ights up.  no insert coin on the door light.  I remove coin mec and jump yellow to coil behind coin mech, i can then manually engauge that arm and pull the reel handle and it does its thing.  The coin in on the door never lights, but the multiplyer up top does acknowledge and will progress with multiple manual strike to coin in arm. All wires on door look factory and i have continuity from yellow coil coin to the plug on door....all fuses are good.  Gotta be something small?
OldReno

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »

Put a jumper on the NON-Blue side of one of your working 6V door lights, and touch the other end to the NON Blue side of your insert coin light.  Should go on.  If so, check your N.O. payout relay switches, and your switches on the odds unit that are moved by that little tab on the white gear up there. Look for one that only opens after the last step of the odds unit.
Can you coin the machine without jumping that coil on the door?  You are speaking of the coin lockout coil behind the acceptor?  Does it work if you don't jump it?  If not, try pulling on the pump arm on the right side of the reels, and tug it towards you to see if that energizes it.
Everything else ok?
Send a pic of how you jump that coil....
poof
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »

Sorry its been some time...almost ready to give this deal up.  I jumped from the non blue side of a working door light to the non blue of the coin in and insert coin lights....they did light up.  I am jumping straight from the yellow side of the transformer to the yellow side of the coil behind the coin acceptor.   When i do this, and manually trigger the coin in arm, it will coin up...all the way to 5 coins, and i can pull the handle and it seems to operate fine.  I havent had a payout to know if that part works, or even will with the door open.

Any help would be appreciated.  I dont want to give up on it, thats not really me.  But its a pretty big paperweght the way it is now.
OldReno

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »

Post a pic of what coil it is that you're jumping the yellow wire to.
So, get me up to speed on this again.
When you push down on the coin switch, do you hear anything happen?  does the coin relay trip (left side of reels on the bottom in the back.
We can get to your non working lights later, does the machine work otherwise?
Did you check all the switches on your coin relay?
I don't have time right now to read the whole post over, let's start from scratch.
poof
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »

I guess the only thing Ithat doesnt work is the coil behind the coin accepter and the insert coin and the coin accepted light on door.  It powers up , lights come on door and up top.  If i put a coin in, itstays in the acceptor unless i press coin return.  Now, if i move the arm of the lever behind the acceptor, the coin does what it is supposed to and hits the coin in arm, and the upper portion coins up, but you cant pull handle..   the coin relay does not trip.   

Now, if i remove the coin acceptor and power the coil behind it, you can hear the coin relay back by the reels trip.  Then i can depress the coin in arm and coin up the top of machine and pull the handle and all seems to  work fine.

It seems like we need to figure out why coils and lights in the door and the relay by the reels is not geting power?

Thanks for your help sir.

* slot door 001.JPG (202.71 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 335 times.)
OldReno

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »

Try carefully putting a paperclip onto your dashpot switch to hold it together, and gently slide the reel mech back in and try it again.  Make sure it doesn't short anything out.

That's really odd.... Shorting that coil shouldn't give handle release.  Hummmmm....

There's only a couple of switches in the circuit to the coin relay, one of them is on the coin relay stack itself, should be normally closed, and goes to the coin relay coil itself....  The other one I believe is on the handle release switches stack.  Check all those switches.
did you check machine carefully for shorts?
Keep at it, we'll be here.
poof
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:44 PM »

Ok,  I decided to run the jumper wire and close the door and see if the rest works properly.  It spins fine, but the reel closest to the handle seems to be off a bit to the pay line, so i dont know if the payout portion works.  How do you align the reels? 

Thanks
OldReno

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »

Set your 3 reels up to the highest pay on centerline.  You might see that they are all the deepest cuts of the reel disc. If so, then make sure your 3rd reel is also in the deepest cut.
Then look at reel #3 and see how far off your top award pay is.  You may have to move the reel strip up or down to get it on centerline.
It should pay when you gently slide the reel mech back in.

poof
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »

Thanks.   I did alighn the reel, and did move the strip a little to get the visual correct.  No pay.  I played the machine jumped and no pays at all.  Kinda figured this was the case.  Have to find out why no power to certain parts of the machine. 

What is an average price for one of these machines working?  I'm in Fl, so they probably not as prevelent as in the west.  Or how about not quite working?  lol   Thanks
OldReno

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »

Check all your pays, and tell us what it pays on and what it does not pay on....
So, does the machine work OK now, except for pays????
poof
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »

Hi,   It seems like it doesnt pay at all, like there is no power to that area of the machine.   Is there a way to test the hopper pull out?   

I have the coil on the door jumped.  Most lights on door are on...no reel light, coin accepted, or insert coin light.

With door closed, I play coins, and the upper section lights up, coin in up to 5, and i can pull handle.  The reels are aligned, and there is no other noise or action from the machine, even when there should be a pay.

This thing is frustrateing
OldReno

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »

Did this stuff work before you jumpered the coil?
poof
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »

No, before the coil jump, same lights everywhere, but could not pull handle.
OldReno

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

Undo jumper.
Read ALL posts in this thread, and check ALL suggestions, in order.
Do you have a meter?
Did you check for shorts?
Have you checked all switches?

XOXOXO
PM me if you need to.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:24:07 PM by OldReno » Logged
dave91169
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »

Just ran across this thread by accident.  Most of his symptoms were the same as the one on my 809 that you guys helped me with.  Base problems with my 809 were the fact that the beau plug for the coin hopper in the cabinet did not line up with the one on the coin hopper. Someone apparently loosened the screws on the one in the cabinet, reached around the coin hopper, and plugged it in manually.  First time someone unplugged the coin hopper, nothing worked anymore.
Other problem was that the coin mechanism didn't really fit the machine, so (the same??) someone bent the tab out of the way and cut a wire in the feature unit that normally operated the various relays and lights.  After I located the cut wire and replaced it, and found a correct coin mech, everything worked great!

Of course, I had to clean a couple hundred contacts in the middle of all of this diagnosis!

Perhaps the "someone" who worked on my machine also worked on his!!

Dave E
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.