Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  809 new to me..where to start?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 809 new to me..where to start?  (Read 18418 times)
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 01:50:29 AM »

I just purchased this machine from poof, didn't know until now.  Removed the jumper from transformer to coin mech., installed a few light bulbs, cleaned a bunch of contacts, changed position of door lock, and now everything works with the exception of no pay on cherry or two cherrys.  When a cherry payout appears on the reel assy., it just acts like nopay.  If I move the first reel down just a bit, pays out fine.  So now I'll do a little wiper arm adjustment and see if it helps.

Ron

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
dave91169

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:28 PM »

Mine had one extremely ornery set of contacts on a relay that refused to clean with "normal" (non-abrasive) methods.  By using the book, I finally traced the circuitry down to a particular set of contacts, and found via a meter that they were physically closed, but not making electrical contact.  Cleaned them using a points file with the cleaner, and a whole bunch of stuff worked that didn't before!

The book that I purchased is published by Liberty Bell Books.  I was initially kinda disappointed in the fact that the book was so "general" in nature until I found out how many different varieties of these machines there are!  They're all similar in operation, but vary widely in their individual construction and operation.  Once I realized that the purpose of the book is more to "steer me in the right direction" rather than "solving a problem", I had no problem using the book, along with basic electronic troubleshooting skills, to work out the various problems in my machine.  My biggest problem was the "work" that had been done by others prior to my getting this machine.

Mine still has a minor problem similar to the one you described above - every now and then, the machine will not pay out when a single cherry is hit.  I'm sure it's a contact problem in the reel assembly, but it happens so seldom that I've just been too lazy to pull the reel unit out and find it.

Good luck with your final problem.

Dave E 
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »

Update...

Problem solved on the no cherry payout.  It was the zero stop on the coin hopper.  Rubber is deterorating and needs replacement.  I think I read somewhere that you can use a pencil erasure.  Checked all payouts and they work.  Now, the machine just needs some door adjustments and a few light sockets. 

dave91169

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Ain't it fun when you finally get all the demons out??!!
Dave E
 propeller
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:39 PM »

It sure is.  Now just need to keep it going. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.