Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  model 831 problems - fixed!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: model 831 problems - fixed!!!!  (Read 3999 times)
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« on: January 30, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »

Model 831-ZZSh
TL-12467
3/11/81

It does not accept coins, they fall straight to the tray.
The coin diverter is engaged (pulled in)
I can open door and trip coin switch below the coin acceptor, it makes the "click" noise like it has accepted the coin, the coin accepted light comes on but you can not pull handle.  
If I trip the handle manually the reels spin and stop.

I checked all 3 fuses and they are good.

I can post some pictures if needed.

thanks for any help.
Bob
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:08:01 PM by rjpohl » Logged

OldReno

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »

Sounds like the coin relay is tripping (downstroke of coin switch), but the upstroke is not releasing the handle.  (This happens when a coin gets stuck holding coin in switch down, also)  Tap on your coin in switch with end of screwdriver.   Check coin relay switches on reel mech for good throw. (We know it tripped because insert coin light came on.)
Also, pull on your pump arm to be sure the dashpot switches are closing.  One function of dashpot switches is to be sure machine doesn't take more coins after handle is started to be pulled.  You can bend them closed if in doubt, shouldn't affect machine operation.
Is your coin lockout coil (behind the coin acceptor) working?  Pump arm switches will control that (dashpot)
Coin diverter is only to direct coins either into hopper or drop bucket.
rjpohl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

Thanks OldReno for the the response.
I have very little experience with these older Bally so some of the suggestions are a bit over my head.
Is this a E or EM machine?  I have a few manuals and if I have the manual maybe that will be a big help understanding your instructions.

How do you tell whather it is a E or EM?

thanks
Bob

OldReno

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »

If it has boards in it, and an electronic display it's an E
If it only has coils and switches, it's an EM.
If you need help identifying stuff, just post a question.
Check my posts on "How to fix/check your new machine" in this EM section, for basic basics.  There's a few posts, but they're scattered all about.  Wish I could group them all in one place....
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:14:29 AM »

as Reno said you have EM machine.   you have three major subassemblies in your machine,  the feature unit  above the  reels behind the top glass,  the reel assembly,  and the hopper and counter,

when the coin goes through the acceptor it hits the trip wire, on the down ward stroke of the trip wire the coin relay is pulled in and latched, It is located on the left side of the reel mech, it sets up the circuit to turn on the coin accept lamp and other circuits. you can test these using an ohm meter. pull out the reel mech,  there are three or four sets of contacts with this relay switch. two conditions, switches open and closed. you can manually trigger this relay into both conditions, don't trust your eyes, even though the contacts look closed check them out with a meter,

the other condition of the coin switch, after it travels to its full downward stroke when the wire starts back up to its rest position  (the upward stroke) it should pull in the handle relay switch. its the relay switch that operates the lever you pulled to allow you to pull  the handle. check out this in the same manner.

the last area to check is on the hopper unit, on the back of the hopper, is the payout relay switch, check out these in the same  manner, especially the top set. if all these are good you should be able to get the handle relay to work.

Hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:56:56 AM »

Well said...!
All correct except coin relay unlatches or trips (a trip relay) on downstroke, and resets as you pull the handle.
Test your leads on the solder joint of the switch, not the switch leaf itself.
Also, IIRCC, the odds reset on downstroke? Might be wrong....
Jim, you got a way with words, thanks for explaining that clearly.
rjpohl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07:26 PM »

Thanks to OldReno and Jim I was able to get the slot working.  Mostly it was stuck or dirty contacts.

thanks a million and karma+ to both of you.

Bob

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.