Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Interchangable or not?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interchangable or not?  (Read 1869 times)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: March 03, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »

I have two Bally 873's that are the same style "Jackpot" black reel machines but one is a nickel and the other a quarter. My nickel machine stays inside and the quarter I haven't found room for in the house so for the time being it stays in the garage.
The nickel machine's reels don't always spin as freely as they should. I've tried to adjust them according to the "Owner Pictorial Guide" but haven't gotten the results I've wanted.
The quarter machines reels spin good and I suspect I could just swap out reel mechanisms but just wanted to check from the NLG community if there was something unique to each machine that might cause an issue.
Thanks, Jim
P.S If you could tip me off to getting the reels to spin correctly that would be fantastic.
Thanks agian.
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »

Actually let me re-state the spinning issue. The reels spin freely but the indexing levers sometime stop the reels too quickly, sometimes far too quickly. Sometimes the timing is comparable to my 809 sitting right next to it which works perfect. It's kinda a crap shoot of what timing the reels will have before the stop. It's not consistent.
Thanks, Jim
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:35 PM »

Hi... On the reels assembly thats giving you the problems have you checked and oiled the clock? Also there are a few small levers on the cross shafts under the reels that need to move freely.. Clean and oil all of those. If any of them have old dried on grease or oil, your machine might not kick start the reel correctly..  As for trying the other reels aaembly in your machine, if it has the same symbols and payout cards, I would think it would work..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »

Thanks Gary,
Yes it has the same reels and payout. I figured it should be fine but wanted to ask.
As for the other assembly, I had taken some of it apart to oil and clean it but never messed with the clock.
I'll try that.
Thanks, Jim
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »

You can pop the reels in both machines, put the mechs back in, and watch the action as you pull the handle, so see if they're the same.  You might have to adjust your handle linkage length, and I think there's a post somewhere here on how to do that.  Also, as Amachanic says, make sure your linkages are free.
Also, check the holes on your long linkages, you may find the spacing is different, and you may have to move the links one hole.
AND, be sure to oil your 3rd reel variator well, and check that it lengthens and shortens after each spin, as well as your main variator which is just above the clock and fan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.