Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally EM Stop Cushion needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EM Stop Cushion needed  (Read 3025 times)
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« on: March 11, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »

Anyone know where I can get the little rubber stop cushion thats on the payout of the hopper. I just got this machine and the rubber must have gotten chemicals on it because it is melting and causing the arm to stick to it. Also the rubber star in the hopper could be replaced.

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »

If the rubber stop cushion looks like a pencil eraser, you will have to make your own. Clean out the old eraser like bumper. Use a pencil eraser and glue it into the metal cushion tnen put it back in and adjust. 
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Panhead

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:29:13 AM »

Thats the one.... Thanks for the info

RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »

Fatman:

You have been advised correctly by Richard.  I just did the pencil eraser fix a few weeks ago. worked like a charm.  A sharp razor or exacto knife would be a good thing to have since the eraser has to be cut down considerably to properly open and close the contact points.  As far as the agitator star, Barry Fox, who is a sponsor here, may have a few in stock.  They are NOT all alike.  Be sure to get the proper replacement AND take note where your mounting screw go into your disc.  Due to a national rubber shortage during the 60's and 70's reportedly Bally made these parts out of licorice.  Just kidding.  Best of luck.

Ra
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Panhead

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:30 AM »

Thanks for the advice. I tried to think about what to replace the cushion with and came up with all kinds of ideas, not any as good as the eraser one. I was going to make one out of a piece of scrap tire and a dremel tool, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. I think I will do it the eraser way and secure it with latex caulk, that way if it needs to be replaced again it will come out easy. Even though I probably wont be around by the time it will need to be replaced again. I checked out Barrys Ebay and he has a star listed there. I will be sure to get the right one.

Thanks again for the help

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »

The zero stop "cushion" acts as a shock absorber, its supposed to dampen the effects of the wiper arm assembly when it resets. It also is a CRITICAL adjustment for your payouts. So you have to make the replacement close in size to the original  or your counts will be off and you won't be able to adjust them.

after I clean out the old "GOO"  I press the empty circle cylinder on the eraser so it leaves an imprint of the size of the circle, the length of the  replacement eraser is approx. 1/8 inch beyond the end of the metal. I use a small drill bit and make a hole so the adjusting screw will screw into the eraser, this will also help hold it in place, but if you cut it snug you usually don't need anything else to hold it.

now when the unit is attached to the assembly you can undo the locking nut and with an Allen wrench turn the new eraser to position the wiper arms to their correct position, once there you tighten the locking nut.

you can test this unit out of the machine for the two things it should do:
1= as soon as the first click to count up a win, the zero stop switch MUST OPEN IMMEDIATELY.
2= as you continue to count up, you can watch as the wiper arm rotates and if you follow the runs back to the bottom, they are marked as to what value each is, so at the end of a two payout the wiper fingers should move off the foil run and onto the non conducting surface of the counter surface. you could check this for each count, 2,5,10, etc. use the reset coil mounted on the back side to reset the counter. you move these coils using you fingers on the plunger. if you really want to be exact, you could hook a meter to the filed run and on each of the count foils, when the wiper falls off the run the meter will show a resistance, or my meter has a tone circuit, the tone will go off.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Panhead

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:46 PM »

Thanks for the input I will do just that when I replace it.

Dave

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.