Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 Hopper Buzzing Noise?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 Hopper Buzzing Noise?  (Read 3257 times)
danatlvc
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: March 17, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »

Hello All,
I recently purchased my 3rd Ball E.M. Machine. When you pull the handle the hopper makes a buzz sound until the 2nd reel stops? It kind of sounds like it's suppose to, but not sure? Seller said it's always made that sound & my other 2 machine's hoppers do not? Is this normal for some or is something off or off on my other 2? This unit is a 1969 & 7 years older then my other 2 machines
Any help to what it is would be greatly appreciated, as I can't find it in my books
Thanks,
Dan
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »

Welcome Dan and congrats on your third machine!  Pictures of the machine is always a nice touch.   As far as your problem, I am not the list expert but here is what I would do.  1st, I would try to duplicate the event with the door open.  A Buzz on this list is usually associated with a coil.  The coin lock out coil in the door is suspect #1.  You say the sound is in the hopper.  Sounds travel within an EM.  When all is quite try to isolate the problem as best as possible.  Left rear?  Right front?  Once isolated pull the hopper out and see whats in that area.  There may be arc marks or something else that would give away the problem.  Clean contacts in that area.  Also make sure that IF there is a coil there it does not look brown or burnt.  Touch it carefully WHEN OUT of the machine to see if it feels unusually hot.   Let us know how this works.  I broke the ice so I am sure the experts will chime in.  I hate to see a post viewed a thousand time with no response.  Best of luck.

Ra
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »

I agree with Ra. 
Also, the symptoms would indicate something possibly having to do with your stack of 'C' switches, some of which remain either open or closed until about the time the 2nd reel indexes.  You can check the action of those switches, by pushing back on your timing bar (variator) which is the black bar just above your fan and clock.  Try it and see if you can duplicate the noise, and then pull the reels out and check the switches for good action.  Your 'C' stack is the front most stack, which is operated by the timing bar post which sticks out.
Does the hopper wheels turn while this is happening? If so, then it just may be a hopper mix function.
Does the machine work ok elsewise???
What kind of machine? 3 reel, 4 reel, fruit, JPO?
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »

When a wise teacher like OldReno is in agreement with me I have learned something from this list.  I am still a grasshopper to these Elders.  Keep us posted on your developments. 

Ra 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

I think the only coil being used at that time is the counter reset coil. Its located behind the wiper board. on the hopper.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »

Jim, that would indicate his zero stop switch is stuck closed -- which would certainly make the reset coil go nuts until the B switch finally opens up.  A nice easy fix if that's it....
danatlvc
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

Thanks for the replies all,
The guy I purchased it from said it has always made that sound for the 2o + years his family had owned it. The machines works super & the hopper does not turn. It sounds like it is right at the Delay Relay or right behind it on the front loer of the hopper? You pull the handle & it doesn't sound bad like something is broke or malfunctioning & it goes buzzzzz until the second reel stops & then it's gone & happens on every pull??? It sounds OK, but I have never heard a machine do it & curious to what it is because it works/runs super smooth & pays out nice & smooth etc. .... Strange
Thanks,
Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.