Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 831, won't work, accepts coins, but won't register and allow to play?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 831, won't work, accepts coins, but won't register and allow to play?  (Read 15750 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:11 AM »

well I think I see your problem!!!   the payout relay on the back of the hopper    the white piece of plastic that all the switch contacts go into, if you look at the ones on the top, you will see they resemble a rectangle, the contact just fits into the slot, very little wiggle room.  look at the two on the bottom, they have melted the plastic and have a massive space, what is happening, when the relay is closed the switch contacts are pulled together by the white piece of plastic moving, the top contacts probably make contact, the bottom ones will not. you could test this by pushing down on the white plastic and compare the top contacts to the bottom ones, there is only so much movement when that coil is energized. put a meter on those bottom contacts when you push it down with your finger.   it is these two contacts that transfer 115vac to operate the motor and kicker coil.  the two contacts are in parallel, the reason was a redundancy feature. these carry heavy current when the motor is running and get hot, probably the reason the plastic has melted. also as I enlarged your picture these contacts looked bad.

Hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:17 AM »

Which picture # Jim? I looked at the one I thought you were talking about but really could not see what you described. I may have some old Bally pinball EM relays and switches, can I replace what is bad on the slot machine with them?

Thanks,

David
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »

clink, clink, clink...................the sounds of 60 coins dropping in the tray! (3 oranges) YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, the plastic being melted and having the 2 switches stuck was the final nail. (great eye by the way) Got the 2 switches free from the plastic and re adjusted them and now everything works great!

Thanks a million to Reno and Jim for all the support on this machine, I really learned a lot, looking forward to working on another one.

Kudos and karma to you both!  applause

Thanks,

David
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

Good eye, Jim.
That's one reason I like the old fiber actuators instead of plastic.  If you run the hopper for too long, the plastic will melt.
Glad you got it running, David!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 11:06:14 PM »

what are the pinball type reels in the top box for?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.