Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Hopper Delay Relay Part Buzzing & Needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hopper Delay Relay Part Buzzing & Needed  (Read 3633 times)
danatlvc
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »

Hello,

I recently posted that I had a new machine & the hopper makes a smooth buzzing noise when you pull the handle & stops after the second reel stops. The machine works perfect in all directions otherwise. Seller I purchased it from said it has done this for the 20 years he had owned it & he thought it was suppose to do it

I narrowed the buzz to this small electric part pictured here & don't know what it's named or where to get one etc.? Any suggestions of name & number & where I can acquire one? It is not shown or mentioned in my books?

Thanks All,
Dan

* 008.JPG (65.75 KB, 480x640 - viewed 227 times.)
danatlvc

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

Hello,

I recently posted that I had a new machine & the hopper makes a smooth buzzing noise when you pull the handle & stops after the second reel stops. The machine works perfect in all directions otherwise. Seller I purchased it from said it has done this for the 20 years he had owned it & he thought it was suppose to do it

I narrowed the buzz to this small electric part pictured here & don't know what it's named or where to get one etc.? Any suggestions of name & number & where I can acquire one? It is not shown or mentioned in my books?

Is it possibly a Diode or a Resistor????

Thanks All,
Dan
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »

Dan... The one with the strips is a resistor. The large orange one is a capacitor.. Are you sure the noise is coming from the resistor and not the coil on the relay right next to it?

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
danatlvc

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »

Gary,
I'll check that & get back to you. I've been using a large screwdriver to me ear to check
Thanks
danatlvc

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »

Dan... The one with the strips is a resistor. The large orange one is a capacitor.. Are you sure the noise is coming from the resistor and not the coil on the relay right next to it?

Gary

Gary
It's for sure coming from the resistor. Can I get one like at Radio Shack & do you know what part number or size it is? Thanks,
Dan
danatlvc

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »

It's for sure coming from the resistor. Does anybody know where to buy one & the size or part number etc.?
Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:37:26 PM by danatlvc » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

I don't think the noise is coming directly from the resistor or the capacitor, the resistor is the device with the color bands on it , the capacitor is the big yellow cylinder, neither will make any noise. they may get hot and burn up but not make any noise.
the coil on the relay switch is probably making the buzzing noise, usually because the moving part that is pulled in when the coil is energized does not make a good physical connection with the magnet part of the coil. and that is what usually causes the vibration,thus the noise. a cause for this is usually the spring on the coil, it loses its spring "so to speak" .it has been stretched  so many times it loses its tinsel strength.

That my guess on what causing the noise.

Hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
danatlvc

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I will replace the coil & see if it works
When I hold a large screwdriver to the coil & the handle to my ear I can barley hear the buzz & the same on the capacitor. When I put it to the resistor with my ear on the other end it's right on & the loudest?
Thanks,
Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.