Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 802-G Identification Help?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 802-G Identification Help?  (Read 4106 times)
robinsongp
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 23, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »

Greetings all!

This is my first time here. I have been wanting a slot machine for a long while, but just couldn't afford one. I found this one that "didn't work". He said it used to work fine, then one day it just stopped working, dead in the water, no lights, no sound, no hum, nothing. I think I stole it for the price! I replaced the very badly frayed power cord, and so far $10.00 in new light bulbs and the machine works GREAT. No problems at all!! My only hangup is that I can't seem to find ANY information about the 802 G ANYWHERE online!! Everything I find says 802 is Quick Draw, but this machine looks much different. I am just trying to figure out the background of this machine. Someone wrote "Cal Neva" on the coin hopper in Sharpie, so I am assuming it was in Cal-Nev-Ari (which is near Searchlight, Nevada) at some point in it's life. I also believe it was made July 2, 1969, if I am reading the plate correctly. Any advice on this machine would be great. Thanks for the newbie help!!

* photo.JPG (152.98 KB, 438x640 - viewed 284 times.)

* photo-1.JPG (195.98 KB, 640x638 - viewed 311 times.)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 03:56:16 AM »

Congratulations on your new machine!  I am by far no expert however I will add my two cents.  First, you absolutely DO NOT have an 802  Bally slot machine there.  I understand that inner workings got transferred from cabinet to cabinet over many years.  Because the 802 has the quick draw hold buttons on the door and this one does not there is no telling what this cabinet originally had in it.  Second, I checked my Bally book and your top glass is from a 1088 or 1089  "Buy a Pay".  If you know how, I would take some time and set up all pays for your machine to see if it jives with the glass.  I like the left and right pay fruit machines.  I hope that this breaks the ice for your post and the big boys of the list chime in. 

Enjoy your machine
Ra
robinsongp
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:09:46 AM »

Thanks for the help Ra! I have been doing LOTS of research and this is what I found, if anyone has objections, speak now or I'll believe it forever! Crazy The cabinet says Model 802, but is too tall, as the Quick Draw model did not have a top feature unit, so all I can guess is that the data plate was moved from one wood cabinet to another, although I have no idea why someone would go through that effort, remove and throw away, sure, but not re-attach to another wood cabinet, but whatever. I'll try to solve that issue later!

The actual game itself is a Model 831 "3 Line Pay" that has been modified to act like a Model 1088 "Buy A Pay". Inside the cabinet, opposite the coin slot, there are 3 lights, these were for the "3 Line Pay" coin and line matchup. The top wire (2nd coin) and the bottom wire (3rd coin) were removed from the sockets and a jumper was ran between the middle socket (1st coin) to the top and bottom sockets. I'm certain other modifications had to have been made inside the machine to make it play as a "Buy A Pay".

Lastly, I believe the belly glass is honest and truly from a Model 1088 "Buy A Pay" machine, the quality just seems to be there and it looks like all of the glass I have seen online for a 1088. Can anyone confirm the belly glass size is the same for 831 and 1088? The feature glass and reel glass seem to be reproductions of the 1088 machine, they all look the same, but the quality doesn't seem to match that of the belly glass. The fonts are close, but not exactly the same, and the metallic gold paint of the top 2 don't quite match the belly glass, which is why I believe they are reproductions.

So the moral of the story here is....I think I bought Frankenstein!! Ha Ha Ha!!

Thanks,

Greg

* photo-3.JPG (123.6 KB, 404x640 - viewed 259 times.)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »

Greg:

No worries, sort of.  Many machines are Frankenstiens.  As long as you got the game at a good price, you are not looking at it as an investment, and the sucker works properly simply enjoy it.  'nough said.

Ra
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »

If it says "Cal Nev" and was made in 1969, I'll bet it came from CalNeva in the Lake Tahoe area. Very nice looking machine, whatever it is!
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »

Maybe from the CalNeva in Reno which had more machines than at the lake?
Folks used to change the tags on machines so that they could sell them in state.  It looks like your tag was removed at one time, perhaps from another machine (maybe a junker) and attached to your machine.  No biggie, I don't think, as long as it plays ok, you have a nice machine it looks like.  Good looking....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.