Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  payout sounds?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: payout sounds?  (Read 3342 times)
Bergin
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:39:11 AM »

I recently inherited a Bally 5 Cent slot that didn't work.  This site was great and the machine is working good now.  The payouts are sometimes a little short or a little extra but I don't mind.  The center reel is a little lower (not the wheel, just the symbols) than the other two, not sure if thats a complicated fix.  I'm curious if there was ever a sound associated with the payout on this slot.  The sound of the coins shooting out is cool enough if thats all it does.  The large glass belly says "Sands" and I think its missing the tower or red light column I see on others.  In one location it says "809-9ZG-5c" (the c is the cent symbol) and close by that the numbers "2927". 

If anyone knows the answers to my mysteries or knows where I could get the missing item i would be very grateful. 
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:37:56 PM »

Hi Bergin,

I'm not an expert on the EMs but I do believe there is/should be a bell.  Some times on the outside or inside, depending on the model. But at what winner lever is triggers I dont have a clue.  Do you see a bell anywhere?

The reel strip alignment is a bit of a pain.  You need to remove reels from the shaft, carefully uncrimp the edges of the metal reel and slide the strip into position.  Then recrimp it.  If you're not carfull you'll crack your strip and/or bend the reel out of whack.

Cheers,
Mark 

* Clipboard01.jpg (45.16 KB, 465x702 - viewed 223 times.)

* Clipboard02.jpg (37.1 KB, 322x482 - viewed 205 times.)

Its Always Something...
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »

As Mark pointed out, If it's an EM, there is no sound during the payout (other than the hopper motor and coins dropping into the tray) unless you hook up a bell. It will sound with all payouts as long as the hopper is running. Believe me when I tell you that you'll get sick of it. On the other hand, I do have a bell hooked up in one of mine, but I stuffed it with tissue so it's not nearly as annoying, and the machine is a JPO (has only bars, blanks, and sevens), so it doesn't hit winners that often. Tongue Out YMMV, of course.

<ADD> Fox's Slots (his NLG member name is foxsslots1) may have a change/jackpot candle to sell you.

There are several reasons for short payouts. There are different reasons for over payouts. I'll leave it to our EM experts to guide you through those waters if you'd like help, but they will need more information, particularly whether you have a line game, a multiplier, or a single coin machine. Pictures of the machine, inside and out, would help them.

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:42:53 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

Bergin. I have several Bally EM's including 2 809's  Both of mine came with a bell and tower light.  To me the sights and sounds add excitement to the experience.  Check inside of the cabinet in the area of the handle mechanism  If there is a bell then you are in business.  Someone on the list can tell you how to hook it up.  Like mentioned before Barry Fox probably has every part you will need for the bling and ring.  I have hooked up several lights myself so if you get one drop me a line and I will walk you through it.  Post a picture if you can.  Enjoy!

TW
Bergin
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »

Thanks for all the information and references, I really appreciate it.  I will try and put up a picture.  Does anybody know how old it is or know what 809-9ZG 2927 refers to? 
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 07:59:56 AM »

809 is the model number, I don;t know about the rest. The bell, if there is one, is inside at the back upper right. It's connected to one of the coin-out switches back of the hopper disk but as Stat says, you'll very rapidly get sick of it. It's loud and obnoxious.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.