Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Konami
| | |-+  Konami K2V 500 Lock Ups
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Konami K2V 500 Lock Ups  (Read 5283 times)
solidstate
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 09, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »

Hello all, Im a noob as far as slot machines go so please forgive my ignorance, after spending a couple of days looking through
this site and learning a lot i have managed to replace the battery that was being reported as low in the 2 konami machines i
 have,But i know have 3 lock ups i cant clear.. they are the same on both machines & i think they maybe related to the fact
 the machines were all networked before i had them and are now not. Do i need a controller to clear these errors? can i do
 it through a laptop with cable & PSP software? any help would be great ....again sorry if im coming to dumb conclusions but
 i have only worked on arcade machines so far and not slots!

* 690.jpg (1690.4 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 588 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:08 AM »

Based on what I know of other Konami models I'm going to guess you need a programming key commonly known as an EL key to program them after the battery change. Unfortunately, these keys are rather difficult to find and tend to be expensive. They resemble a coin battery with a handle, not an actual lock key and when inserted on the MPU board they open the machine up to make software programming adjustments
solidstate

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:04:40 AM »

Thanks for your reply cowboygames, sad to hear that after reading the forums and seeing the el key is very hard to find. I may be able to get help from a local tech that services these machines, if he is willing. picked up 9 machines in total , only 2 are konami- the rest are aristocrat mk6's and i have the errors saying ( play disabled TD)? any ideas on that one ..thanks
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:17:24 AM »

Yep, borrowing a key if you can will definitely be the beat way to do it. As far as the Aristocrats, sorry, can't say I've ever even seen one in person. There are people here who have though and should be able to provide assistance
solidstate

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:03 AM »

ok, thanks again for your help ....i have looked at the main board of the konami and have not seen a place the el key would go? does it go in the main board? i had a bartop  touch screen machine recently that had one...thought it was a button battery until i did some research
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:25 AM »

It's usually right along the leading edge of the MPU
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:00:44 AM »

ok, thanks again for your help ....i have looked at the main board of the konami and have not seen a place the el key would go? does it go in the main board? i had a bartop  touch screen machine recently that had one...thought it was a button battery until i did some research

If you have 2.0's don't you have a CF Card on CPU? If so it uses a CF Card for the General Ram Clear (Inquire within if Clear Card is needed)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
solidstate

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

Yes it does have a CF card on the main board,
solidstate

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »

and I'm not sure what version these are sorry, serious noob here .. if you tell me how to find out im sure i can....thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.