Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally/Evo Hybrid - Mr. Magoo - Boots to Embedded NT then "No Input Signal"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally/Evo Hybrid - Mr. Magoo - Boots to Embedded NT then "No Input Signal"  (Read 3571 times)
Prodigus
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 23, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

When I turn it on it goes thorugh a series of tests

Flash BIOS
Low RAM
High RAM
CD-ROM

I then see the thing along the top of the screen that says something about Windows NT Embedded  for a bit..... then the screen goes blank and says "No Input Signal" and then it starts all over again.  I guess at least it's not a blue screen but it might as well be. Actually, I guess if it's set somewhere to automatically reboot after an error it may actually be a blue screen...  lol

Anyone seen this before and know what migh be a solution?  It was working fine.  Of course there was a night that there were a bunch of teenagers in my house so I'm not sure if that could have anything to do with it.   knockout

Was hoping to find some sort of repair manual for this thing but so far, no dice..

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »

I'd check the battery   voltage.   3.6 V  ( AA lithium )  on the cpu board.   Other things to check are  all the plugs into the "suitcase"  below the reels.
Prodigus

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

Thanks!  I tried putting a new battery in it.  No dice.  The only cables I see going into the suitcase are a USB cable just below where the CD-ROM is, the VGA cable and an audio cable.  I'll look around to see if there's anything else that may have come loose.  There's one other COM port that says Reserved but I don't think I've ever seen anything plugged in there before.

Thanks again!
Prodigus

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »

This new error I'm getting after reseating memory mean give any new clues?  LOL

ReelSys::LoadGame[] - Failed to load ReelObj[0]

* IMG_0063.JPG (150 KB, 816x612 - viewed 235 times.)
Prodigus

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »

Silly Me!

ok, I figured out the Failed to Load Rell error.  I forgot to hook that USB cable back into the suitcase after I put the new battery in....

Still left with it basically having the equivalent of a blue screen and autorebooting over and over. 
Prodigus

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »

Ok, so I still haven't gotten this working again.  I did have someone advise me to possible take a look at testing my power supply so I may do that as well.

I was taking a video of the process when I noticed a new message that pops up on the screen for just a split second before it starts loading the NT embedded.  It says CHANGE VIDEO MODE.    Is it supposed to say anything like that in the boot-up sequence?

http://youtu.be/zp3e-VLvefI

Thanks!

Prodigus

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

This particular error pops up at 1:14 in the video for just a second
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.