Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 01:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  First Slot, Im Stuck, I am Looking for some tips, Bally 6000 1994 Diamond Line
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Slot, Im Stuck, I am Looking for some tips, Bally 6000 1994 Diamond Line  (Read 2326 times)
camaros
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 17, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »

hissy fit

Hi,

This is my first Slot so i am missing some of the basics,  Own and repaired numerous pins and vids. 

My problem is:

The MPU LED is stuck on and NO error codes in win,  Machine does nothing,  Reset button does nothing.

How I got Here:

I picked this up as a non running unit.  It did power up.  I replaced the battery  (same issue as pinballs) .  Performed a manual SafeRAM clear.  It was running.  Accepted dollars but not coins.  I hit the cash out button with no coins in the hopper.  I added 5 coins at a time until it paid out he 15 coin win.  About the same time, I realized the coin mech needed a sample.  I added a sample coin.

I may have removed the coin mech without powering down.
  I may have removed the MPU board without powering down.
  Is there a reset procedure after a payout when the hopper did not have enough change

If I disconnect the battery  I can get an ERROR code 81 to show up.  Most of the time the MPU LED stays on and the reset is still non-op

every once in a while with the battery disconnected,  I can get err 81 and the reset button will work and, the MPU LED styas off,  after it is in this condition I have powered down, reconnected the battery, powered on and it is back to the MPU LED ON an nothing working,

IM Stuck

Model S63M3CT-10

Thanks

Hi Ya Gang.  Hi YA Hi YA Hi YA!
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »

When you pulled the MPU board when powered up
you may have damaged the MPU board.
Never   ttth Never    no   pull a board when the machine is powered on. 
I would start looking for another MPU.

One step at a time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »

I don't think I would go shopping yet. ( MPU)  Right below the coin comparator is the coin optics, on that board there is a very small button, press it a few times and with the main door still open press the spin button. If the reels spin the MPU is still good and you need to find out why you can't add credits to the machine.

I don't make it a habit to remove a MPU with the power on, but I've done my fair share and as for as I know with no ill effects.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
camaros

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:44:15 AM »

Hi Buzz,  thank you but that didn't work.  I think I locked the mother board up.  The System Reset Light is stuck on.  ALSO I did notice my ICs state 5500 so I thing I have a 5500.    Chassis date is 1994,, ICs are 1996.  They are the 92000 so I can use the manual reset.

I can force a LOW battery faul by removing a battery lead.  ONLY then will I get an error code, and every once in a while the reset LED stays off.   It seems like the MPU is working,

When I re connect the battery,  It returns to NO error codes and the System Reset LED is stuck ON.  I blieve I got the MPU in a confused state.

I have a strong tech background,  20 plus years,  Component level repair is no problem,,  got lots of Flukes,  100 Mhz scope, sig gen etc....  Just new to slots,

Might just be stuck software from the payout and not knowing what to do with the audit Key.

Im  Stuck.

camaros

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:21 AM »

Hi,

Im still STUCk.    My ics are labeld 5500,  so I guess I have a  5500.  The system reset LED  stays on after a power cycle.  NO error codes,  NO blinking Lights,  Jus the flourescents on,

IF i disconnect the battery  I can get an erroro 81 and the sys reste LED goes out,  then if i press reset ,  the LED is on for s sec, the back, to 81.

The when I reconnect the battery,  NO CODES and the Sustem Reset LED is stuck on.  After maybe 15 - 30 min   a code 83F shows up some lights blink, but the system reset LED is stuck on and NO inputs WORK.

I think I have the MPU locked up.  Or something causing it to LOCK up.

ANY Thoughts,

Is there an extender card available so I can power up the MPU and trace some signals.

THanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.