Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 plus 8888
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 plus 8888  (Read 3034 times)
Camptbone
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 29, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »

Hello all,
   I have just bought my first slot machine, hopefully not my last.  I got a Bally 5000 plus American Eagle machine.  Model S42M34-00.  I pulled the main board and it has definitely been worked on before.  I checked its voltage and it shows to be getting 3 off the platinum battery that someone soldered on.  When I turn on the machine, everything lights up, but I get all 8's in all the digital readouts.  I was going to test the power supply with a volt meter but not sure where I should be testing and what the readout is I should be getting.  I am a little worried about the main board of the machine, the soldering job was done poorly, and the original battery must have corroded a little.  I am open to any suggestions. 

Thanks
T
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

Well, congrats on the machine! Sorry to hear your having issues! And of course,  NLG Welcome

I believe you need to clear it, but don't hold me to that! I searched and found a member who had the same symptom, but it wasn't confirmed what the fix was. Lets wait until someone else chimes in to be sure!

Meanwhile, here's the thread I found:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18853.msg156328#msg156328

wave

Camptbone

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »

Checked the pins and they are all straight.  Also forgot to mention the two LEDs stay on the whole time.  Here are some screenshots of the motherboard and the damage.

* 20130529_121805 (Small).jpg (70.74 KB, 640x480 - viewed 231 times.)

* 20130529_121845 (Small).jpg (141.91 KB, 640x480 - viewed 264 times.)
retroelectro

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »

Two leds stay on at least when the battery is disconnected. But I don't remember what's on the display then. Are you sure that the battery is soldered properly? You could e.g. check that the battery voltage is really present at some of the RAMs.

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
Camptbone

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

Thanks for getting back with me.  I ended up sending the photos to slotdoctor and he said I needed to send it to him.  He just recently contacted me and said the board was beyond repair.  SO... he is selling me another board... so I will post soon if it works or not.  Thanks again everyone.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 11:59:41 AM »

Here are some screenshots of the motherboard and the damage.

Wow, looks like someone used a soldering GUN.  Way too much heat.  Your new board should do much better.

Cheers

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.