Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  bally s5500 problems with safe ram clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally s5500 problems with safe ram clear  (Read 2097 times)
nsmith2901
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 14, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »

I purchased a new set of mains u3,u4,u12,u15.  i tried to do a safe ram clear but got no error code.  are there different types of mains and maybe i purchased the wrong type?
when i used my original u3,u4 i got a successful clear.  my old u12,u15 are corrupted and thats why i got a new set of mains.
nsmith
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »

I'll through in my 2-cents here and suggest you contact whom you purchased the new mains from and see what they can tell you.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:20:51 PM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
nsmith2901
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »

i think i know the reason that the new mains don't work.   i found out that the speed of the eproms must match
the board speed.  i think i bought eproms that were too fast for my board.  i sent my board to be fixed to a friend
i know that has older eproms for mains.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:30:32 PM »

In my experience with the speed of a Eprom memory chips faster is not a problem, slower on the other hand can cause issues.  Hopefully your friend will make some progress.  If it was me I'd read out the check sum of the old & new chips and compair them for starters.  But as for your original question about versions of mains I don't know.  Maybe someone else here on NLG can answer that one.  You could start a new thread asking specifically about that.

Good luck,

Mark

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.