Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ballys 2000 Reels continue to spin no error code 0000 test 5
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ballys 2000 Reels continue to spin no error code 0000 test 5  (Read 3036 times)
jusbcuz80
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 28, 2013, 01:10:16 AM »

I was having problems with the machine giving 71, 42, 43 errors. I have lubricated the reel pawls and the machine worked for about 100 pulls, paid out correctly, read the reels perfectly. Now it is just spinning the reels after the pull and do not lock up, with no error code. All lights and test routines work. Mechanically everything looks good. Have checked all the fuses, voltage to all components is correct. checked the kick and arm switches, they test good with a continuity meter for open and close. Ran test 5, showing a 0000 but previously showed correct code for reels. swapped reel readers no change. Reel reader board??? Any ideas??? I have the manual, but have done everything I can think of. Thank you in advance Smiley
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:39:28 AM »

Strange to see 3 errors suddenly occur at once. I would look at the components that serve the entire game first, like the MPU battery or power supply.

Good luck and report back!  wave

EDIT: I just seen the title of your post....Bally and 2000 machines are completely different animals. Not sure if you have a Bally E2000 or an IGT S2000?  We need to clarify exactly what make/model machine you have so we can help you. PLEASE POST PIC OF MACHINE.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:44:42 AM by CVslots » Logged

proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:41:18 AM »

Roz he is talking about a Bally E2000 as that is
the only machine with "Kick Switches".

One step at a time.
jusbcuz80
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my first post. This is a Ballys Series e-2240. The 71, 42, and 43 errors were alternating, due to the reels locking up all at the same time, instead of one at a time. This has since been corrected, I was just giving some background on the machine. I have been working on it for a couple months now. Now the issue is that the reels continue to spin without locking up. There is no error code, and when running test 5 the readout is 0000. I am pretty sure that the MPU is good because it runs all test functions correctly. I have tested all of the voltages from the power supply and everything tests good. I would have replaced the reel reader control board already, but that part is very hard to find. If anyone happens to have a spare, I would be more than happy to buy it off of you. Thanks again for your help.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

Roz he is talking about a Bally E2000 as that is
the only machine with "Kick Switches".

Thanks Proten! I didn't want his post to get skipped over.

MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

Hi jusbcuz80,

So when you did the Load Test, that is test #2, while the test was running you should have heard each one of the three reel lockup solenoids engage at one point.  The LED display would have been showing 1401, 1402, & 1404.  They would have made a clunk first and then a buzzing noises, each one, one at a time.   Did you get that initial clunk?

Mark

Its Always Something...
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »

I was having problems with the machine giving 71, 42, 43 errors. I have lubricated the reel pawls and the machine worked for about 100 pulls, paid out correctly, read the reels perfectly. Now it is just spinning the reels after the pull and do not lock up, with no error code. All lights and test routines work. Mechanically everything looks good. Have checked all the fuses, voltage to all components is correct. checked the kick and arm switches, they test good with a continuity meter for open and close. Ran test 5, showing a 0000 but previously showed correct code for reels. swapped reel readers no change. Reel reader board??? Any ideas??? I have the manual, but have done everything I can think of. Thank you in advance Smiley

Have you checked the reel reader decoder board located on the inside of the reel mechanism? I also remember someone mentioning that they would get all 0000000 on test #5 and that was due to a faulty U8 (8T98) on the interface board. My first guess would be the decoder board
and if you have the FO-650-13 manual you find it on page 19A
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.