Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:46:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-series Tech Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-series Tech Questions  (Read 1138 times)
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: July 12, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

This is directed to the technical guys out there. I'm kind of new at this game and have a few questions regarding the EPROMs used on E2000 machines. It appears every CPU board is about the same, differences being with the game ROM's. Some have four of them, some have five.

I have a number of the spare boards and several clean machines, several different EPROMs between them, and trying to make heads or tails out of the numbering (or what's left of the numbering) on the chips. Most have been obliterated with that red seal tape, so for the most part, I have no idea what the payoff odds are - specifically on the P1 chips. Hopefully, the checksums will tell match with some sort of list, which possibly some of you techs might have. Sooooo, here goes:

1. If a machine has a P2 chip installed, can I simply remove it and will the machine play normally? Most of the machines I have don't have that socket populated, but some do. I believe it was for "tournament" use and is not functional for home use games - which is what I'm all about.

2. Can you swap P1 chips from game to game, or are they specific for that particular M1-2-3 group of PROMs?

3. Can the M3 chip be changed around with other ones that have different part numbers, or must it be matched to the M1 and M2 chips? If my research is correct, the M3 determines payout odds.

Seems like the checksums all have 00 on the second bit, regardless of the part numbers (M1, M2, M3, P2) and the P1 chips all have 56 on the second bit. This leads me to believe there is a routine that must have all of the checksums matching before the CPU can proceed. One bad checksum and the CPU kicks it into tilt. Am I correct in this?

4. Are there any calibration doc's available for these programs. Had to ask, although usually that stuff is held pretty closely to the manufacturers. But...Since the E2000's have been de-commissioned, I'd think someone out there would have some input here. My favorite past-time is hacking these things.

Inquiring minds want to know (at least one).
Thanks in advance for bearing with my questions.
John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.