Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:05:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 plus, Coin Drops Through, Wire caused a spark HELP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 plus, Coin Drops Through, Wire caused a spark HELP  (Read 1540 times)
Camptbone
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 30, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

I have a Bally 5000 plus that I had working perfectly except it had no sound.  I wired in a temp speaker just to see if it was the speaker, and that was the problem.  Well, I got dumb and did not turn the power off when disconnecting my temp speaker and allowed a speaker wire to drift.  It sparked against the door and my machine has not worked since.  Coins go straight to the paytray when inserted.  I put in another comparator thanks to "Gordy" (thanks again for that) and coins still just pass right through, I propped open the rake and then coins just go straight to the hopper with no credits.  If I do a pseudo coin, it gives me a credit, but when I pull the handle the reels spin for a second then give me a loud humming noise and a 40 error.  Then they start slow rotating until I do a clear... then its back to the pseudo coin credit again.  This vicious circle continues until I do a RAM reset.  Then we are back to not accepting a coin.  I pulled all the slide out boards and original comparator out of the machine and sent them to slot doctor.com where he tested them and sent them back.  He said the camparitor needed to be replaced, I found a comparator but that is still not fixing my problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I have checked the comparator switch and completed many many ram clears.

Thanks
Trent
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »

Not sure if the 5000 has a coin switch on the front of the MPU tray. If so it should be up as in on, like a light switch.
I know the 5500 has this switch, just not sure about the 5000 Scratch Head

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Camptbone
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »

Neonkiss, you are correct the 5000 plus does have one and yes I double checked that, even flipped it down just for the fun of it but still no function
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.