Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:06:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E1208 41 error code
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E1208 41 error code  (Read 5842 times)
rainman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 17, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »

Please see UPDATE:

Thanks
Ray
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:28:10 PM by rainman » Logged
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »

UPDATE
Fixed the cut wire to the hinge switch it's now working... it goes from test mode to play mode "50 000" as soon as I close the door.

Coins up and as soon as the handle is pulled it goes  "tilt " and the display now toggles between 41 and then 1  in the win display
Looked up 41(Improper spin reel Held etc)  and 1 for coins played.....cleaned and swapped reel reader 1 and 2... trouble stayed with reel 1.... all the reels stop and everything works in in test 8 mode?

What to try next?

Thanks
Ray
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:07:54 AM by rainman » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »

Have you lubricated the reel assembly? The two black cross shafts that have the linkage assembled on them have to spin freely by hand. You will need to use WD-40 to lube all the linkage and to free up the shafts. Also you will need to lube the reel bearings.

Also make sure there is no intereference from any wires behind the reels assembly and anything on the inside of the door after it is closed that's affecting the reel from spinning freely.
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:45:22 AM »

1st thanks for your  help...I did as you suggested and I then made some progress it went from a 41 code to a 42 and reel #1 was stopping, did some more cleaning and tweaking and the it was working 5 times in a row then I got a 92 error did a reset then 72 error and after I reset  closing the hinge switch had no effect it acted like it was open again, but it wasn't I was good from the switch to the  to J3 input 3. Now I also don't get the errors code anymore it just stays at 50 000 .... I/O trouble now? Should I get another board or a reel board or both?

Thanks
Ray
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

50 means the door was open, or it could be the switch is not activated after the door is closed. When you drop a coin in and pull the handle the 50 should go away and display the amount of coins played. If 50 stays there check the door switch adjustment. Also is the door lock switch out of play/disconnected?

Error code 92 and 72 points to reel reader #2 . Swap readers 2 & 3 and see if the problem moves to #3 and errors out with code 93 or 73.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:14:31 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »

check the reel solenoids and make sure they are free not sluggish. Have you tried reseating all the wire connections on all the boards?
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:36:47 AM »

Hi I checked the wiring from the hinge switch to J3 pin 3 and found out that wire is loose fitting right at the J3 connector so I inserted a piece of wire at the connector and that tighten it enough to make a good contact so now I can see the error codes again. I swapped reel 2 & 3  I'm now getting  #3 and errors out with code 93 or 73.... you where right   thanks applause So does this mean I have a bad reel reader board? I can now get it to play  2 to 3 times before getting the error.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 02:02:36 AM »

Try cleaning the light bulbs on the reader.
I had one reader giving me the same problem
and I cleaned the bulbs with a Qtip and Windex
and the problems went away.

One step at a time.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »

What proten said, remove the 2 screws and seperate the reader halves and clean the bulbs. They have a lot of dirt buildup from over the years.
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

Hi, I took the reader out and separate it and cleaned the lights and senors... It was dirty.... it helped because now can play up to 4 to 5 times before going to tilt with errors  with code 93 or 73 with ..... it still can play in test 8 mode without any tilts. Is there anything else to try short of getting a new reader ? Also, does it disregards those errors in test mode vs play mode?

Thanks
Ray
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »

You may want to order a reader, or one last attempt at cleaning the reader a little better. After you seperate the reader, from the backside of the bulb, if you press carefully you can press the end of the bulb out a little further, being it is recessed into the holder it's difficult to clean much of the surface of the bulb.
Also take some canned air and blow out the small peep hole where the receivers are.

When you reinstall the reader, is it set properly? Set 1/16" from the left side?
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 12:58:08 AM »

Be sure clean and adjust all the other readers.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »

Hi, I took the reader out and separate it and cleaned the lights and senors... It was dirty.... it helped because now can play up to 4 to 5 times before going to tilt with errors  with code 93 or 73 with ..... it still can play in test 8 mode without any tilts. Is there anything else to try short of getting a new reader ? Also, does it disregards those errors in test mode vs play mode?

Thanks
Ray

You might also want to clean the small hole where the phototransistor is, use the Q-Tip and a twisting motion to get the alcohol/Windex to
flow a bit and clean up the tops of those little buggers..

You can also read this set of tips for the reel readers and power supplies

http://www.coinslots.com/product/repairs/repair-tips/

The website is owned by a fellow NLG member.
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »

You Guys ROCK!  Hail I did  everything that was recommended, the last using a Q-Tip with the tip wound tight to a point and with a twisting motion cleaned the phototransistor one last time (I cleaned it a few times before so my hopes weren't too high it would work) I pull it back together then dropped 1,2,3,4,5 quarters  waiting for the TILT and it never came I then proceeded to drop over 200+ quarters and it working great...for now  muted!

* ballys.jpg (69.37 KB, 313x271 - viewed 349 times.)
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 04:01:07 AM »

You Guys ROCK!  Hail I did  everything that was recommended, the last using a Q-Tip with the tip wound tight to a point and with a twisting motion cleaned the phototransistor one last time (I cleaned it a few times before so my hopes weren't too high it would work) I pull it back together then dropped 1,2,3,4,5 quarters  waiting for the TILT and it never came I then proceeded to drop over 200+ quarters and it working great...for now  muted!

That is good news, I have seen this a few times so I make it a habit to clean both the bulbs and the phototransistors when I repair these. Thanks for the update and glad that it is working.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »

You Guys ROCK!  Hail I did  everything that was recommended, the last using a Q-Tip with the tip wound tight to a point and with a twisting motion cleaned the phototransistor one last time (I cleaned it a few times before so my hopes weren't too high it would work) I pull it back together then dropped 1,2,3,4,5 quarters  waiting for the TILT and it never came I then proceeded to drop over 200+ quarters and it working great...for now  muted!

That is good news, I have seen this a few times so I make it a habit to clean both the bulbs and the phototransistors when I repair these. Thanks for the update and glad that it is working.
Dan-O You make us all proud to have your help, what great advice!! I agree with rainman, you double Rock!
Jackpot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.