Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally Error 5.4.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Error 5.4.  (Read 8010 times)
dcslots
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

« on: October 01, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »

I while ago (2 years now), I sold an S5500 to someone, and to date it ran without defect.  Recently, he had an 83F error.   Simple enough.  Ram Clear.

Sent him my clear chips and the black cab...ran him through his paces, machine cleared on display (according to what he described over the phone), turned off the machines, turned on the machines.

Machine went through its start up, with reels turning, etc.  The it stopped, an error 5.4. appeared on the display and he said the display then began counting upward.

I assumed the 5.4. was the BV door.   But the sensor is detecting when he trips that switch, as it cycles the BV.  But the error and count up remains.

It has been over a year since I touched a 5500.    ANyone have any insite?   

The other night upon the stairs, I met a man who was not there.  He was not there again today.  I wish I wish he'd go away.
slots of fun
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 9

WAS A MEMBER BEFOR WAS LOST IN THE MOVE

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »

Could this be the machine entered the (RTC) mode (real time clock ).After a saferam clear and you re power reels will set etc. than you can enter MM/DD/YY the 5.4
would be MAY 4th than you can also set time HH/MM/SS or after saferam clear press change button to go on . ????????????      Scratch Head   Ron (SLOTS OF FUN)
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 17

An Addiction:)

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »

Reviving an old topic, did anyone ever figure this out?  I worked on an S5500 last month for someone (Ram clear and battery change), machine worked perfect but now displays 5.4. ?  He stated he can open the door, pull the door switch, and "add coins" via the cc pcb button and play, but otherwise it won't play and the leds are not lit on the cc or cc pcb.
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »

Anyone have an idea??  I really don't want to drive all the way up there again if its something stupid.
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:16:46 PM »

54 Drop Door Open The drop door switch senses the door is open.

See this post:  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7735.0

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »

Reviving an old topic, did anyone ever figure this out?  I worked on an S5500 last month for someone (Ram clear and battery change), machine worked perfect but now displays 5.4. ?  He stated he can open the door, pull the door switch, and "add coins" via the cc pcb button and play, but otherwise it won't play and the leds are not lit on the cc or cc pcb.
  does the machine have a bv? Was the cashbox access door opened? does the BV light up?
 the fact that he has to pull the door switch to add pseudo coins makes me think the optic board is bad.  the pseudo coins should work with the door open, without pulling the switch.  What was happening leading up to the error?  cash out?  if so, how many credits? 54? 

There has to be more to this, however it may just need a board.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

54 Drop Door Open The drop door switch senses the door is open.

See this post:  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7735.0

Its not a "54", its a "5. 4." so not an error code.

does the machine have a bv? Was the cashbox access door opened? does the BV light up?
 the fact that he has to pull the door switch to add pseudo coins makes me think the optic board is bad.  the pseudo coins should work with the door open, without pulling the switch.  What was happening leading up to the error?  cash out?  if so, how many credits? 54? 

There has to be more to this, however it may just need a board.

W

He said he left it on over night and went to use it and this happened.  I will ask him those questions regarding the BV, yes it has one.  The cashbox area switches have been bypassed.  Also, he is not pressing the Pseudo coin button to coin up and play, he is pressing the small button on the pcb below the cc.  Thanks
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 05:11:54 PM »

Also, he is not pressing the Pseudo coin button to coin up and play, he is pressing the small button on the pcb below the cc.  Thanks

Yes, sorry to be confusing, lets just call this the simulated coin switch then to differentiate from the MPU board button that does the same.  My comments were for this switch on the optic board.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
lindam1

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »

May sound silly, but how bout the toggle switch next to the  pseudo button up or down, or is there one on a 5500

rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:00 AM »

May sound silly, but how bout the toggle switch next to the  pseudo button up or down, or is there one on a 5500

Yea, unfortunately its "up"
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »

To anyone who runs into this issue in the future, let me share my pure stupidity and the solution.  IGNORE the two dots!  You have a 54, its the dam cash door switch!  The light bulb went off in my head when I looked at an S5500 in my garage and remembered those two dots display every time it powers up and go away after the second bet is made.

So...  Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! 

And thanks to those who helped, I'm an idiot!  arrow
lindam1

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »

Or, Just refer to my post above (5th post)

rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »

Or, Just refer to my post above (5th post)

Which would not help if you were still thinking you had a "5.4." and not a "54" so hence my last post.  If I knew it was actually a 54 I would have just refered to the inside door decal with the error codes and never revived an old post with the same perceived issue.  Thanks..
lindam1

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:07 PM »

The problem was found, and that's what's important.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.