Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000+ Error 82
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000+ Error 82  (Read 3803 times)
breizh
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:23:48 PM »

Hi,
My Bally 5000+ looks very nice but unfortunately is not working.
When I flip the power switch on, only the lamp behind the top glass turns on. Sometimes the machine displays in the first few seconds some inconsistent symbols (see picture 2) and just after a code error 82 but most of the times the machine displays nothing.
Code 82 normally means “Door Open / Power Down”. So I replaced the battery on the MPU board but with no change.
Any ideas ?  Help
Dan

* Bally_5000+_1.JPG (177.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 244 times.)

* Bally_5000+_2.JPG (159.49 KB, 640x480 - viewed 244 times.)
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »

Hi Dan,

First thing I'd look for is a poorly seated socket, plug, or IC on the game board. You might even try gently cleaning the circuitboard edge contacts.  Look for signs of a liquid spill too. After all that its time to check power supply voltages.

Good luck,
Mark

Its Always Something...
breizh
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:45:27 PM »

Mark – Many thanks for the advice. I found a first problem, a broken connector on an element of the MPU board. I made a temporary repair and I can play now but after a few minutes, I get again an error 82. Just needs an off/on and a reset, and I play a few minutes more. So the problem is not totally solved but I am already happy to see the wheels spinning.
I would like to check the power supply voltages. Do you know the expected measures?
Thanks
Dan

* Bally_5000+_3.JPG (42.44 KB, 640x480 - viewed 235 times.)
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:53:07 AM »

Glad to hear that Dan.  Since the erratic display is fixed we need to figure out why your CPU thinks the power was just turned on again after the machine is already running.  It still could be a bad/dirty/intermittent contact.  Try to see if you can match the exact time the 82 appears with an action of the machine- bumping, shaking, or other movement.
And does the 82 clear if you reset the machine w/ the jackpot reset key?

Mark

Its Always Something...
breizh
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:31:26 PM »

Hi – After some more tests, the symptoms are not exactly as described in my last message.
After a few minutes, the machine goes to error 82 but not directly. First, the machine seems frozen, no change with the jackpot key reset, it is only after a reset on MPU that I get an error 82. After that, if I do immediately an off/on and a reset, I have still an error 82. I must wait a while, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes more to be able to play again a few minutes.
I disassembled all the boards but didn’t find anything wrong.
The PS voltages from the left to the right are the followings:
+5.0v   +5.0v   GND  GND  GND  +27.4v    +11.6v   -12.4v   +5.0v
I was expecting 24v instead of 27.4, and 12.0v instead of 11.6 and 12.4.
Something wrong ?
Thanks for your assistance
Dan
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

Hi Breizh,

I'm not 100% sure what the power supply tolerances are but they are close so its OK.  The 5 volts is more important for the CPU circuits and yours is right on.

So with the machine being off for some time and with the door open, if you turn the power on you get what in the display? 
Then if you close the door you get what?
Then if you turn the reset key you get what?

Its Always Something...
breizh
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

Mark,
When I turn the power on, lights are blinking behind “1st coin winners” and “2nd coin winners”, wheels are spinning slowly, and it displays the codes 45 and 50 in “ Win” and 5 in “Last in”. After a reset on MPU, wheels and blinking stop and I get only an error 50.
Pictures show what I get 1) when I close the door, and 2) after a reset (door closed). When the machine is frozen, It displays ".. 0" (Win), "   0" (paid) and "1" (Coin In).
Thanks
Dan

* Pic1-Door_closed.JPG (128.6 KB, 640x480 - viewed 253 times.)

* Pic2-Door_closed_after reset.JPG (132.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 210 times.)
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

Hi again Dan.

Well some of your symptoms are starting to make sense.  The flashing code 45 & 50 I believe are telling you two things:  45= reel #1 has a problem; 50= door is open.  You could try to confirm reel 1 has a problem by swapping the reels around and see if the code 45 changes.  FYI 45= reel 1, 46= reel 2, 47= reel 3.   

Another thought I have is there may be corrupted data in the RAM from back when you found the broken pin.  If you disconnect the battery for a few moments that should clear everything out and give the machine a fresh start.  Since you have not set up any options you wont be losing any custom settings.

Cheers,

Mark 

Its Always Something...
breizh
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »

Mark, thanks a lot.
I swapped reel #1 and reel #3 with no effects. I tried also to clear the RAM by removing the battery but with no effects as well. Nevertheless I found a surprising thing, the symptoms are the same with no battery on the MPU board. The voltage of the battery is 3.6V and I am pretty confident in the soldering, but there are no differences in the symptoms.
Any other suggestions to go ahead ?
Dan
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »

Hi Dan,

I'd hate to admit it but I cant think of anything else specific to try.  Obviously a different board to swap out would be ideal to prove it is in fact the problem.  Maybe a bad game prom, a few bad capacitors, or even a bad connection hiding some where still. I cant say. 
Hopefully another NLG member can give you some more input.

Cheers,
Mark

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.