Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  NO PAYOUT ON 1 SYMBOL ONLY. MYSTERY HELP PLEASE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NO PAYOUT ON 1 SYMBOL ONLY. MYSTERY HELP PLEASE  (Read 5492 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: May 03, 2011, 02:52:03 AM »

I have a sort of custom made machine.  It is a 25 cent 5 coin machine like an 809 BUT it pays left to right AND right to left like a 1090.  My problem is that when single bars is hit there is little (4or5coin) or no payout.  7's is the top symbol and pays out perfectly.  As a matter of fact cherrys and oranges and others show no problem no matter how many coins are inserted.

When I shake the hopper violently the sucker will beging to pay out.  If I count all of the coins after shaking the dookey out of the hopper the payout is correct for the number of coins inserted.  Takes 5-10 minutes to get 100 coins to spit out this wat.   I tried to clean the beauplugs in the back of the hopper with a wire brush.  Still the same condition.  I cleaned the 50, 100 coin wiper fingers and the payout disk.  Still the same thing.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Since joining this list I am a little braver when it comes to trouble shooting these things.  A picture has been added for the visual reference.

* 1090 25 cent 004.jpg (634.11 KB, 1552x1164 - viewed 233 times.)
prarire
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

Howdy,
              First unplug machine from power.  Pull out each unit, with a small brass brush, polish all Male  plugs and shoot in a little Tuner Cleaner into the Female Plug Ends.
The Aluminum Plugs Oxidise and do not all ways make continuous or perfect contact. Also clean Wiper Boards untill Clean. 
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »

Thank you so much for the reply. 

When you say "pull out each unit"  do you mean disconnect the beau plug block from the back of the hopper and push all of the plugs through the frame in the block, then separate each one from the block and clean it?  By each unit do you mean the reel mech and the multiplier up top as well?  If so do you need a special tool to remove the plugs from the block?  I did clean the wipers already so the problem must be where you suspect in the plugs.  I have a brass wire brush already so I am armed for the task.  I Will go to radio shack and see it they have tuner cleaner.  Its a work in progress.

Thanks again
Terrance
prarire
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

Terrance,
             Your on the right track... Your brush is fine and yes do the top unit by all means!. The Tuner Cleaner will certainally help a lot.
If after all that and your still stuck, check the back or the plugs for a loose wire or get a replacement plug for your hopper. The shaking shows something is
not making a proper contact their. Good Luck you will get it fixed for sure.
                           Frank
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:31:04 AM »

Frank:

That will be my weekend project.  I am determined to do a good job.  I will keep you posted regarding my progress.

Terrance
prarire
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »

Terrance,
                  If you discover a bad  beau plug socket,  you can always unsolder the wire and put it on a socket that is not being used!. Just don't' forget
to do change the wire to the same socket on the other receptacle as well.

Saves buying another plug.
                                          Frank
prarire
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »

Terrance,
                This is a Bally E.M. Repair Link. It should be of use to you..
                                  Frank
http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/bally_em_troubleshooting
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »

Thanks for the link Frank... I have 2 EM machines I'm working on and it's always good to have someones elses notes or points of view on problems... Scratch Head Karma  +1 (Karma, or whatever) to you...

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »

Frank:

Just and update... So far I took out my trusty (never previously used) dremmel tool and shined all of the male beau plugs in the machine like new money.  I also pulled the entire block of plugs out of the hopper to check for a loose wire.  All looked good.  I went to radio shack and got some tuner spray and sprayed like a fiend.  Same conditions persist.  I was told to look and the payout board to make sure the 50 coin payout fingers were touching and clean.  Done that too.  I am not giving up.  Thank you so much for the link.  I find the notes VERY informative.  I am sure it is a simple problem but WELL hidden from my novice eyes.

Terrance
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »

Make sure the 50 wiper finger on the payout counter is making good contact with the printed circuit disk, and that the track is clean and not burnt up. It should be the innermost finger. You will most likely have to take the snail cam assembly off the unit to get to it and clean it, but it's only a couple of screws.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 05:20:09 AM »

Op:

Thanks again.   This one had me stumped.  I did check that finger and there was good contact.  I took the machine to the local wizard and he found that 1 of the 2 thin wires that run along the BACK of the payout board has a bad solder.  It LOOKED good but was making poor contact.  When I shook the hopper it made better contact and paid out a few coins.  I am back up and running now and the machine works better than ever now.  I hope it doesn't take me another 20 years to learn how to work on these babies.

T
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.