Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 erratic pay out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 erratic pay out  (Read 3411 times)
wcknauf
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »

I have a Bally 809(B) .05 3 reel slot - up to 5 coins. All was working great until recently when it stopped paying. No matter what winning combo I hit, it will not pay. No sound - nothing. Doesn't matter if it's one coin or five coins.

Bear with me. I do not know much about the mechanics of this machine. Although it's an older machine (@ 1968) it's in good condition.

I removed the reel assembly and gently cleaned the 'plugs' on the back. I brushed off what I think are the wipers. Other than that, I'm skittish for fear that I'll mess up more than I fix. But, with the right guidance, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Any thoughts?

thanks!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

make sure your hopper is resetting
wcknauf
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »

At the risk of sounding foolish, how can I tell if the hopper is resetting?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »

theres a rpller the coin goes under on top of hopper this steps a counter which must reset after each pay or the machine will think its already payed out for the hit there a small coil that resets the counter you can do that by hand after pulling the hopper out of game and pushing in on shaff in coil good luck  remember there nothing you can,t fix on a em slot
frenchmarky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:41 AM »

Play it with 5 coins and set the reels to the highest payout, even if the payout counter has not reset to zero it's unlikely it paid that last time, so it should continue paying.  If not then the payout reset is probably not at fault.  If you have tried many or all the different possible payouts and none payout, it's probably not the reel wipers either unless something drastic like the first wiper has come totally loose and isn't landing on any contacts.  Maybe try first pushing in the hopper relay manually, which runs the hopper, see if the hopper does operate.
wcknauf
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »

You were right. I set it to a 5 coin triple bar win (highest win on this machine) and it paid. Not sure how much it paid but a significant number of coins came out. Then I tried other winning combinations and...nothing. Does this mean it's the reset?

thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.